• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is Saucy going to be supported?

Comment

• Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
      When is Saucy going to be supported?
      You can always add oibaf then change oibaf from saucy to raring to get oibaf in saucy.

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppaibaf/graphics-drivers; sudo sed -i 's/saucy/raring/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oibaf*; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade -y; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y

Comment

• Originally posted by mmstick View Post
        You can always add oibaf then change oibaf from saucy to raring to get oibaf in saucy.

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppaibaf/graphics-drivers; sudo sed -i 's/saucy/raring/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oibaf*; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade -y; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
        Will that be compatible* with Oibaf proper ppa for Saucy when its online at last?
        -> sudo apt-get update will just work, or ppa-purge will be needed?

Comment

• You just change oibaf to Saucy the same way it was changed to Raring when it is available for Saucy. Honestly, there's no difference between the packages.

sudo sed -i 's/raring/saucy/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oibaf*; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade -y; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y

Comment

You just change oibaf to Saucy the same way it was changed to Raring when it is available for Saucy. Honestly, there's no difference between the packages.

sudo sed -i 's/raring/saucy/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oibaf*; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade -y; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
            If it helps, przemoli, I've already done this to install the Raring Mesa packages (the video-* packages didn't install, for some reason, but that doesn't seem to matter).

It makes a HUGE difference when playing Portal and Portal 2 (through wine) to the point where I can put all the graphics options up to high and it's still playable on my A8-3850, admittedly only at 1650x1050 resolution. Everything was much slower with Mesa 9.2. I assume the difference is the SB backend being on by default in Mesa 10 but there are a lot of other things that all help.
            Last edited by tom.higgy; 21 October 2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tom.higgy View Post
              If it helps, przemoli, I've already done this to install the Raring Mesa packages (the video-* packages didn't install, for some reason, but that doesn't seem to matter).

It makes a HUGE difference when playing Portal and Portal 2 (through wine) to the point where I can put all the graphics options up to high and it's still playable on my A8-3850, admittedly only at 1650x1050 resolution. Everything was much slower with Mesa 9.2. I assume the difference is the SB backend being on by default in Mesa 10 but there are a lot of other things that all help.
              Try running sudo aptitude upgrade -y; sudo aptitude dist-upgrade to get the rest of those to install. They won't install with apt-get apparently.

Comment

Try running sudo aptitude upgrade -y; sudo aptitude dist-upgrade to get the rest of those to install. They won't install with apt-get apparently.
                OIBAF raring driver depend of "xorg-video-abi-13"..
                They are not in raring.

Comment

• Originally posted by fritzls View Post
                  OIBAF raring driver depend of "xorg-video-abi-13"..
                  They are not in raring.
                  xorg-video-abi-13 doesn't exist. You are referring to xserver-xorg-core which is inside oibaf repos.

Comment

xorg-video-abi-13 doesn't exist. You are referring to xserver-xorg-core which is inside oibaf repos.
                    when you force the intel or radeon drivers from raring inside saucy he display a dependency error with the virtual package "xorg-video-abi-13"..

You need to break the dependencies for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by fritzls View Post
                      when you force the intel or radeon drivers from raring inside saucy he display a dependency error with the virtual package "xorg-video-abi-13"..

You need to break the dependencies for this.
                      Odd, I'm receiving the same errors on one of my machines. So this method seems broken now until oibaf creates a Saucy repo. xorg-video-abi-13 is actually supposed to be xserver-xorg-core though, since xorg-video-abi-13 also doesn't exist in Ubuntu 13.04, though it lives as a virtual package that points to xserver-xorg-core.

Comment

Working...
                      X