Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by droste View Post
    That's most probably the size of your AGP GART and not of the graphics cards. Run "dmesg | grep VRAM" to get the size of your graphics cards RAM.
    [ 17.178512] radeon 0000:01:00.0: VRAM: 512M 0xD0000000 - 0xEFFFFFFF (512M used)
    [ 17.185283] [drm] Detected VRAM RAM=512M, BAR=256M
    [ 17.185416] [drm] radeon: 512M of VRAM memory ready

You are right. I've confused the parameters. Sorry for disturb you and thanks for your assistence.

Comment

• temperature

another question:

my videocard hd3850 AGP reach 72? celsius in idle in XP I get 47? it can depend because of opengl?

Comment

• Comment

• many thanks

Comment

• SNA was pushed recently to the main branch, when we are going to see it in your ppa?

Comment

• Originally posted by alazar View Post
              SNA was pushed recently to the main branch, when we are going to see it in your ppa?
              It is already, just enable it in the config file.

Comment

• Any news about updating? how to analbe SNC actually? Which file needs to open? thanks.

ps: thanks for your job oibaf I tried to upgrade 8.0.3 version by debians file and I've renounced because of dependencies...

Comment

• Mesa still can't properly build with current configuration. But we are working on it, see e.g. my last bug I filed just today: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=53962 . Hopefully a package should be ready soon (but I am busy next week, so not at least for 10 days).

What do you mean with SNC? If you mean SNA I think you should force it in the xorg.conf file, see the intel man page (can't post more detail now, posting from a mobile). Edit: see the SNA note in NEWS of 2.20.0.
                  Last edited by oibaf; 23 August 2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    Mesa still can't properly build with current configuration. But we are working on it, see e.g. my last bug I filed just today: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=53962 . Hopefully a package should be ready soon (but I am busy next week, so not at least for 10 days).

What do you mean with SNC? If you mean SNA I think you should force it in the xorg.conf file, see the intel man page (can't post more detail now, posting from a mobile). Edit: see the SNA note in NEWS of 2.20.0.

Yes I mean SNA (sorry for the mistake)... I'll wait for every news you have to issue. It would be gratefull if mesa could be make possible GPU acceleration on flashplayer videos (youtube); my HD3850 on XP could be used on flv only by 9.11 catalyst drivers.

Comment

• I think it's the other way round... flash doesn't enable GPU acceleration when it detects that it's running on mesa.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X