• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Something is screwed up on your system:
    Code:
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
    (Don't just post the log, read it!)
    Whoops! Not sure how I missed that, but good catch!

Seems something is broken with libstdc++. I'm using libstdc++:i386, libllvm2.9:i386, and ia32-libs from the standard ubuntu repos (12.04).

Here's what verbose tells me:

libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libLLVM-2.9.so.1))
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so failed (libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libLLVM-2.9.so.1))
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libLLVM-2.9.so.1))
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_meta_CopyColorTable)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

I'll look into this issue further in a little while once I have a window of free time.

Comment

• FIXED!

Finally had some time to look at this..

There are 2 libstdc++.so.6 files on the system:
      /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (belongs to package libstdc++6:i386)
      /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 (belongs to package lib32stdc++6)

By default, applications are looking in /usr/lib32 for libraries, so I tried:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/usr/lib32 doom3

This fixed the issue and doom3 started right up. For the most part, this system is a standard oneiric box. I didn't muck with any library search paths and what-not. Are the dri drivers supposed to be linked against the library under /usr/lib32 or is something else supposed to be redirecting the drivers to look in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu?

Comment

• Using this PPA, I'm getting about 41 fps with doom3 on a core 2 quad 3.0 ghz and a sapphire radeon 4870 at 1280x1024. I'll need to check on the other settings later when I get home from work, but I'm using some sort of FSAA and anistropic filtering as well. I must say the driver devs are doing an amazing job. The performance of the open source drivers at this stage is fantastic. I'm not an expert and didn't look for any flaws in particular, but the image quality also seems to be very good as well.

The desktop performance with the open source radeon drivers is also quite good. It provides a smoother experience than my primary desktop which has superior hardware (3.33 ghz i7 980x + nvidia GTX 580). This may be due to the fact I haven't manually changed the power settings for the radeon, and I believe the default is currently to run the card at the highest setting. In about a year when it's time for me to upgrade my video card in my primary box, I think I'll finally be able to get a radeon. As much as I love gaming, I think the 3d performance is already good enough given the lack of games in linux (and in a year from now it should be even better). At this point, my only real concern with buying a radeon is the power management so as to not run up my electric bill.

Thanks for an awesome PPA!

Comment

• At this point, my only real concern with buying a radeon is the power management so as to not run up my electric bill.
          Given how little a 7750 consumes, I doubt you'll notice the few watts difference in a year

Comment

• Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Given how little a 7750 consumes, I doubt you'll notice the few watts difference in a year
            But it seems a new driver needs to be created for these cards (with r600g being used as the base). I'm wondering how long this will take to get to the relative maturity of the r600g driver. I wouldn't mind replacing the 4870 in my old box *now* (which is now the family computer). Being 3 generations ahead, the 7750 is probably faster than the 4870, and it's certainly going to run cooler and use less power.

Comment

• Hi, error compiling mesa?

:-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincenzov View Post
                Hi, error compiling mesa?

:-(
                Yeah, and the error message is useless..., so no update for a while.

Comment

• But you are italian?

I always VDPAU updates :-)
                  Last edited by Vincenzov; 04 March 2012, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• hi Fabio, how many days before a possible update? thanks

Comment

• But you are italian?
                      100% Italiano!

how many days before a possible update?
                      I should find out what's the problem, but I am quite busy actually. As usual patches are welcome...

Comment

Working...
                      X