Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1331

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Actually gallium-nine merges properly, so I added it to the main PPA.
    Dude, you are a hero

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Actually gallium-nine merges properly, so I added it to the main PPA.
    Pretty awesome

So if I understand right, do you need Wine compiled to have compatibility with gallium-nine (as in, you can't just use it with Wine from normal repos like Ubuntu and SUSE)? And does gallium-nine only help out D3D9 games/apps (not DDraw, and older renderers like D3D8 and lower)?

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage724 View Post
    Pretty awesome

So if I understand right, do you need Wine compiled to have compatibility with gallium-nine (as in, you can't just use it with Wine from normal repos like Ubuntu and SUSE)? And does gallium-nine only help out D3D9 games/apps (not DDraw, and older renderers like D3D8 and lower)?
    I used this simple tutorial by @okias:
    http://ixit.cz/faster-wine-games-wit...-gallium-nine/
    You only need:
    HKCU->Software->Wine->Direct3D and create DWORD named UseNative to 1 for enabling, 0 to disable.
    I had problems with other registry keys, so only leave that one (and, perhaps, VideoMemorySize). Obviously (I guess), you need dx9 libs and everything necessary to run your game.

I'm having trouble running applications with the patched wine, but I also didn't reinstall my windows applications.

Nice work on adding gallium-nine! I spent last weekend compiling it from source on a testing HDD to play around with it. Having it in your awesome PPA makes that process a lot simpler. Now you just have to build Wine. That is easier said than done though, especially on a 64-bit system. I had to use a 32-bit chroot to build Wine, and even so I can't get it to run from outside the chroot. If anyone has the answer to building a 32/64-bit combined Wine install and preferably packaging it appropriately that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
    Nice work on adding gallium-nine! I spent last weekend compiling it from source on a testing HDD to play around with it. Having it in your awesome PPA makes that process a lot simpler. Now you just have to build Wine. That is easier said than done though, especially on a 64-bit system. I had to use a 32-bit chroot to build Wine, and even so I can't get it to run from outside the chroot. If anyone has the answer to building a 32/64-bit combined Wine install and preferably packaging it appropriately that would be awesome.
    If anyone also has a working Wine patched PPA then please share. I tried to compile it myself and just get errors when I run applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    If anyone also has a working Wine patched PPA then please share. I tried to compile it myself and just get errors when I run applications.

I think Pipelight team has one, i believe it's called Wine-Compholio, and it installs it self to /opt, so you can activate it like "cd /opt" "winecfg".

Mesa seems to be completely broken atm. First there is issue with random gpu hangs:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79980

It makes browsing a risky affair (I will not even mention watching youtube, impossible).

Now also vdpau (for example in mplayer) instantly locks down GPU to the point where only hard reset helps, while xv also brings gpu locks, but after some time.

Quote Originally Posted by gutigen View Post
    Mesa seems to be completely broken atm. First there is issue with random gpu hangs:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79980

It makes browsing a risky affair (I will not even mention watching youtube, impossible).

Now also vdpau (for example in mplayer) instantly locks down GPU to the point where only hard reset helps, while xv also brings gpu locks, but after some time.
    I've had a few GPU hangs when using Chrome, but the driver returned shortly afterwards and I could resume browsing. This hasn't happened for a few days now though. The issue now though is that Chrome sometimes gets super choppy out of nowhere, but as of last night or so this hasn't happened (after updating graphics components). I'm on my r600 laptop currently and I'm seeing all kinds of awkward behavior with Chrome (an incognito window became totally unresponsive; un-fullscreening flash shows checkerboxes).

Not really aware of any middle-ground with the open-source graphics stack on Ubuntu. Can either use outdated components from the distro-version release (I think it's mesa 10.1?; there's noticiable text artifacting on radeonsi hardware (or at least on my 7850)), or use bleeding-edge git stuff. Would really like another option to just use the latest stable stuff (I think Arch last I checked just came with Meta 10.2.4).

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage724 View Post
    Not really aware of any middle-ground with the open-source graphics stack on Ubuntu. Can either use outdated components from the distro-version release (I think it's mesa 10.1?; there's noticiable text artifacting on radeonsi hardware (or at least on my 7850)), or use bleeding-edge git stuff. Would really like another option to just use the latest stable stuff (I think Arch last I checked just came with Meta 10.2.4).
    This is super annoying that Ubuntu doesn't update it's drivers or at least gives us an option to chose from one shipped at release and some more recent. Atm I have to use stock drivers, cause hangs are out of control. I can't play ANY games anymore (cause either artifacts, framerate or not working at all), but at least everything else works properly.