Page 121 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1254

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by asdfblah View Post
    Try:
    Code:
    vblank_mode=0 force_s3tc_enable=true steam
    Why not just make that a steam launch option for the game?

Code:
    vblank_mode=0 force_s3tc_enable=true %command%

Updated kernel to 3.16 RC4. No changes
    P.S. Can't edit previous post

Hi all,

I've added this repository on my Ubuntu 14.04 64-bits installed on a system with an AMD APU A10-6800K (richland, comes with an Integrated HD-8670D). It works pretty well for daily use (I'm not a gamer), however I'm unable to run Firefox with Hardware acceleration. It's this known on the current state of the drivers, or it's there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareMan View Post
    Adding command radeon.vm_block_size=12 to grub file failed, I don't know why
    Here's output
    Code:
    # gedit /etc/default/grub
    # update-grub
    /usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig: 13: /etc/default/grub: radeon.vm_block_size=12: not found
    As for R600_DEBUG=hyperz string, I didn't understand where to place it. To grub file?
    The radeon.vm_block_size=12 boot command should only work on 3.16+ kernels btw, but it's inserted in the same area as the quiet splash commands (so that area should have quiet splash radeon.vm_block_size=12).

As for R600_DEBUG=hyperz, you use it in the same way as vblank_mode=0 (they're both enviroment variables).

I'm not too up-to-date as to the state of the 7770, but it could also be possible the open-source drivers just aren't up to par on it (although I doubt that's the case). Might need someone with such a card or someone more knowledgable to chime in. I know Dota 2 works great on my 7850, but it was pretty sub-par on my 7660G + 7670M laptop with supposedly more-mature open-source drivers (not radeonsi; apparently 6xxx rebrands) last I checked...

Hi! Sorry for a late reply. I did everything what you offered, but nothing helped. And that's very strange for me....

Default Hi, cann't install this drivers

I did
    Code:
    apt-add-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    apt-get install mesa-vdpau-drivers
    then i try to start "steam" or "LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/{different here} steam"(i don't know what i've to add as PATH)
    and steam says
    Code:
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    I have Radeon 7670m + 7540G and I have dancing lines when I start any linux with open drivers, so I'd like to solve this.
    Could anybody help me?

Quote Originally Posted by luntik2012 View Post
    I have Radeon 7670m + 7540G and I have dancing lines when I start any linux with open drivers, so I'd like to solve this.
    Could anybody help me?
    As far as I remember this problem related to incompatibility between LLVM and Steam runtime dependencies (libgcc_s.so.1).
    https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...time/issues/13

Just a heads up, but it seems one of the more recent updates broke shadows on windows with Unity on Ubuntu with my 7850 (the shadows are like sections of a checkerbox). Not sure if anything else is affected or not, or what the cause is.

Default open drivers

Quote Originally Posted by _SXX_ View Post
    As far as I remember this problem related to incompatibility between LLVM and Steam runtime dependencies (libgcc_s.so.1).
    https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...time/issues/13
    Do you know, why do I have horizontal and vertical dancing lines on all versions of open drivers?
    Code:
    00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Trinity [Radeon HD 7520G]
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Thames [Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series] (rev ff)
    Code:
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA

Seems like there is some new bug:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81279

Perhaps another reason to switch to LLVM3.5 (if it's LLVM issue, which it looks like)? Some of us, less Linux savvy users, rely on your PPA and would love to see it better, so if you need any help (with testing or whatever) just tell us

Like always though, thanks for maintaining your PPA, it's a life saver for AMD users <3