Page 103 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1294

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

does anybody know if there is a plan to add GL_NV_vdpau_interop to the intel drivers capabilities?

once in the past it was possible to get VDPAU working with intel graphics.

Default Google Chrome WebGL

Is anyone with intel Sandy Bridge having problem running Google Chrome with hardware accel on? Google Maps work fine for couple of seconds, or longer if I am moving the map very slow. Then it freezes, and not only browser, but whole desktop.

Some ten days ago I was having the same situation, but then at least Firefox worked great. Now, with FF, maps are starting only in light mode.

Problems amd?

Quote Originally Posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
    Is anyone with intel Sandy Bridge having problem running Google Chrome with hardware accel on? Google Maps work fine for couple of seconds, or longer if I am moving the map very slow. Then it freezes, and not only browser, but whole desktop.

Some ten days ago I was having the same situation, but then at least Firefox worked great. Now, with FF, maps are starting only in light mode.
    i tried it with chromium available in ubuntu 13.10 repos and no problems so far and never observed anything with firefox (latest beta from mozilla ppa).

any idea how verify that hw accel is on or what ever it takes to make sure that i tested it with similar conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by a user View Post
    i tried it with chromium available in ubuntu 13.10 repos and no problems so far and never observed anything with firefox (latest beta from mozilla ppa).

any idea how verify that hw accel is on or what ever it takes to make sure that i tested it with similar conditions?
    For FF Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> Use hw accel when avail

For Chromium have no idea. Try installing Google Chrome, and go to Settings, show advanced settings, Use hardware acceleration when available.

Also, what I have noticed. The issue will sooner appear if I have lots of tabs (not really ~ 20 tabs in chrome.) open. I am also on 13.10 64 bit and i7-2600K Sandy, which I think has HD Graphics 3000.

EDIT:

It looks like one of the latest updates from oibaf repo has solved the issue for me : )).
    Last edited by reCAPTCHA; 02-19-2014 at 04:54 AM.

For Chromium have no idea. Try installing Google Chrome, and go to Settings, show advanced settings, Use hardware acceleration when available.

Also, what I have noticed. The issue will sooner appear if I have lots of tabs (not really ~ 20 tabs in chrome.) open. I am also on 13.10 64 bit and i7-2600K Sandy, which I think has HD Graphics 3000.

EDIT:

It looks like one of the latest updates from oibaf repo has solved the issue for me : )).
    Woah no, please no Google Chrome. Especially when Chromium has hardware acceleration too.

i7-2600K does have a HD 3000.

oibaf, what do you use to compile and upload these source packages? Right now I'm just using shell scripts to import your sources, apply patches to change the dependencies to llvm 3.5, and dputting them to my ppa. I'm wondering if there isn't something a little more elegant and a little less break-y.

I am also using bash scripts to update the packages, mine are also a bit hacky, but I am overall satisfied with them.

EDIT:

have hw accel if available on for both, ff and chromium and NEVER had any issues with that. i am updateing every day and it i hand not any issues for at least 2 months.
    running an intel haswell btw.

Quote Originally Posted by a user View Post
    does anybody know if there is a plan to add GL_NV_vdpau_interop to the intel drivers capabilities?

once in the past it was possible to get VDPAU working with intel graphics.
    quoted myself in the jope that somebody knows something about it.