Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Puts Out Catalyst 11.4 With X Server 1.10 Support

Phoronix: AMD Puts Out Catalyst 11.4 With X Server 1.10 Support

While X.Org Server 1.10 has been out since February, AMD missed supporting it until it came time for Ubuntu 11.04 and then late last month they ended up dropping a Catalyst 11.4 pre-release to Ubuntu Natty users. Today is the official release date for Catalyst 11.4 Linux to anyone interested. This contains back-ported X.Org Server 1.10 support in order to function with Ubuntu 11.04, Fedora 16, Arch Linux, etc...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bought NV GT440 today after being pissed off about the drivers/GLSL/Portal2. Anyone interested in buying HD4650? It works with Xorg 1.10 now

Comment

Now it is time to benchmark your cards, what do you think...

Comment

The link only takes me to 11.3 driver.

Using the driver finder on amd.com also only shows 11.3.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxjacques View Post
          This link works.

I'm wondering if this driver + Gnome 3 shell works fine together. I will try it under Fedora 15. I hope nomodeset is not required to boot it, otherwise it's clear that it would use gnome 3 fallback mode.

Comment

That option is useless for fglrx, you have to blacklist radeon anyway.

Comment

ah ok. Well gnome shell + Catalyst 11.4 doesn't work decent with gnome shell. Much graphical errors. I still have Catalyst installed but later I will deinstall it and switch to gnome shell+default drivers. Now in gnome 3 fallback mode

Comment

You definitely did not install fglrx correctly that's clear. I will not debug fedora thats also clear

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  You definitely did not install fglrx correctly that's clear. I will not debug fedora thats also clear
                  Do you have gnome shell + Catalyst 11.4 working, without corruption? If not then what makes you so sure this is a user error and not a catalyst bug?

It's not like he's the only one having problems with catalyst + gnome-shell, google it, there's also a bug about it at the unofficial AMD Linux bugzilla.

Comment

First of all when a user reports fallback mode, then 3d is not active at all. Check fglrxinfo, it wont be correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X