Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel gets completely owned.

It's all about rumours.

If it's true, Intel has serious problems. I planned on buying a sockel AM2+ motherboard and a Phenom X4 with 4 GB of DDR2 RAM for some time now around christmas or early 2008, which will cost me some money but come on, my A64 S939 Venice Singlecore gets older and doesn't help AMD out of their problems

- d2kx

Still don't think Intel has serious problems.
    Not only they have overclocked the processor and the graphic cards, but the article doesn't say anything about real performance of the phenom.

Still have to wait September for relevant benchmarks.

But thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by fredo View Post
      Still don't think Intel has serious problems.
      Not only they have overclocked the processor and the graphic cards, but the article doesn't say anything about real performance of the phenom.

Still have to wait September for relevant benchmarks.

But thanks anyway
      Ditto.

... Overclocking? I thought the Mega/Giga-Hz game has ended long time ago ...

Comment

An AMD Phenom X4 with 2 GHz is good. One with 4 GHz can be up to 100% faster and you will notice it.

An Intel Pentium 4 can have 10 GHz but still isn't as fast as an AMD Phenom X4 with 1 GHz.

More GHz on one processor is always better, but you need a new architecture and not just higher clock speeds when a year is gone to be competitive today.

Comment

Those figures look interesting, I wonder what more real-world benchmarks will be when it is finally released?

Comment

Intel is not even manufacturing the P4 anymore so why still talk about the P4, when intel has better cpus than that now.

Follow the extremesystems thread and you'll see that AMD's Barcelona doesn't own anything: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=157136
            Last edited by glussier; 05 September 2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X