Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From The Phoronix Test Farm This Easter

Phoronix: From The Phoronix Test Farm This Easter

Happy Easter, one week from May Day, 146 day countdown to Oktoberfest, or whatever occasion you may be celebrating today. Here's some of the Phoronix Linux tests being carried out today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hear there's an interesting summer of surprises ahead.

Comment

Hey Michael when you test the Sapphire Pure Black P67 Hydra can you check what the PCI-e slot speeds drop to with a two 16x cards and a 4x and a 1x card populating the PCI-e slots? The last couple of Hydra boards that I tested out dropped the 4x card down to 1x even though it is supposed to be able to supply a 16x,8x,8x,4x configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Hey Michael when you test the Sapphire Pure Black P67 Hydra can you check what the PCI-e slot speeds drop to with a two 16x cards and a 4x and a 1x card populating the PCI-e slots? The last couple of Hydra boards that I tested out dropped the 4x card down to 1x even though it is supposed to be able to supply a 16x,8x,8x,4x configuration.
        I don't have any PCI-E x4 or x1 devices unfortunately.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          but you can test this by just taping the pins on the card.
          It isn't a good idea to stick tape in a slot. The tape residue likes to stay there leading to all kinds of future issues.

Comment

The bootcharts should be interesting. I'm pretty sure the boot times have been decreasing with each new Ubuntu version. Fedora also boots very quickly. Phoronix would be more interesting if every single article wasn't Ubuntu-centric.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              The bootcharts should be interesting. I'm pretty sure the boot times have been decreasing with each new Ubuntu version. Fedora also boots very quickly. Phoronix would be more interesting if every single article wasn't Ubuntu-centric.
              Not that I care much about boot time, I mostly use suspend-to-ram. But a comparison between Fedora 15 with systemd against Ubuntu 11.04 with Upstart would be interesting. Just to see if systemd can live up to its promise.

Comment

Working...
              X