Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesseract: A New Way To Interactively Explore Open-Source

Phoronix: Tesseract: A New Way To Interactively Explore Open-Source

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has announced Tesseract to the GNOME community. Tesseract is a new tool they have developed at this American university to "explore project archives and their underlying dependencies such as file dependencies, developer communications, and bugs visually and interactively." In developing Tesseract, which will eventually be open-sourced, they used the GNOME project's Rhythmbox as a guinea pig for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Annoying that they chose this name. It's also the name of a very very old but highly regarded open source OCR engine that I occasionally work with.

Comment

Maybe the Neary folks who worked on the GNOME Census would find the results of Tesseract (run over the rest of the gnome project, of course) to be interesting? Would the automated statistics match the mostly manually-hacked results of the Census?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
        Annoying that they chose this name. It's also the name of a very very old but highly regarded open source OCR engine that I occasionally work with.
        Same here. I thought of the OCR engine when I saw the name, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
          And that was I thought too.

Comment

Working...
          X