No announcement yet.

Frozenbyte Open-Sources Shadowgrounds Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: all 3 games are working great with Catalyst. I was having troubles because I had an xorg.conf from the open source driver, I believe. I renamed it to something else and Catalyst (fglrx, from the repos, with an early release that we discussed here in Phoronix) loaded just fine in Kubuntu 11.04

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
      Well, moving some of the libs from the local lib32 to a backup subdir, so they wouldn't interfere with the Ubuntu versions, seems to work. For sound, moving libasound* out of the way seemed to help. These games really need a 64 bit build
      In my case it was libopenal that had to be renamed/moved.
      openSUSE 11.4 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post
        I'm not bashing Frozenbyte for choosing this license (and in fact I am praising them for releasing their source at all,) and Wolfire has done a pretty good job of not misrepresenting it either. I'm just saying that Phoronix's news story was inaccurate.
        I think it's accurate. The code is open source, not free as in freedom though.

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
          (And for what it's worth, my back-of-the-envelope calculations tell me that about 8% of all sales were for Linux. )
          Here is my estimate, from the numbers about 12 hours ago (I forgot to post this).

Look at the Linux users: we brought 25% of the revenue, that is .25*834,000=208,500. Assuming every Linux user paid the Linux average (USD 11.68), the number of Linux users is: 208,500 / 11.68 = 17,851

Similar calculations can be done for the other two platforms. I got:
          • Linux = 17,851
          • Mac = 19,577 (assume 15% of revenue)
          • Windows = 123,861 (assume 60% of Revenue)

That means Linux users are approximately 11% of the buyers (and, yet, we provide 25% of the revenue).

I think this is something the Linux community should be proud of

Comment

Working...
          X