Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Linux

Any news on the linux client? I just got my copy and would like to get it running on linux ASAP. I hate using windows

The linux client is going to be released very soon. But remember that everyones "very soon" means a different timeframe. I like ET: QW more the more I play it (when being on a server without beginners that make you cry ). My favourite Campaign is Africa especially with Slipgate and Island, but I haven't played some maps for really long yet.

I imagine the client will be out within a week.

Thanks for the info. I hope AMD gets 8.42out at around that time as well although i dont really have any major probs with 8.41 aside from a distorted watermark in the lower end corner
    Last edited by Raven3x7; 10-02-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Will a 7600GT OC be able to handle 1280x1024 with decent settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Source Of Radiance View Post
    Will a 7600GT OC be able to handle 1280x1024 with decent settings?
    It also depends on your CPU, but it could be able to handle middle settings w/o AA. Try the demo client on Windows or the Linux demo once it's out (I guess that there will be one [if yes - very soon]).

One day I'll reach Alaska, or die trying!

You know, I played the multiplayer beta on Windows, and it was a huge disappointment for me. Graphics are horrible (and yes, I cranked everything to max), gameplay sucks and quite frankly, I think id Software lost the edge. Far Cry, a 3 year-old game, looks and acts (as in the bot AI) *much* better than anything id Software released in the last 7 years. With their current plans to introduce Rage, I'm seeing another Doom 3 in the making: 2-3 years late and already surpassed by better games (like the upcoming Far Cry 2, which appears to be similar in nature). Sad, really, as I still want to support id for all the games they've made available on GNU/Linux.

Now I'm just praying to G-d Unreal Tournament 3 will be everything I hoped for...

Quote Originally Posted by 1c3d0g View Post
    Now I'm just praying to G-d Unreal Tournament 3 will be everything I hoped for...
    If the stupid thing ever comes out =(

Hopefully ET:QW for Linux will make it out today...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hopefully ET:QW for Linux will make it out today...
    Yay! good news for Linux gaming! Now I need to get up to date my rig to play these new games!