Problems with the ATI Mobility P/M hardware under Kubuntu Feisty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the ATI Mobility P/M hardware under Kubuntu Feisty

I've been running Feisty Fawn on my HP Omnibook 6000 for a few weeks, so far everything has gone quite well apart from one area: graphics.

Random acts of slowdown occur during graphical operations. Video formats always playback with degraded quality (reduced clarity, jerking, tearing and digital arftefacts such as pixellation).None of this occurs when I play games or watch films from my Win2k partition so I know that the graphics hardware isn't faulty.

With the help of a fellow member of the Kubuntu forum I went through every single means of correction without any improvement. They suggested I come on here to see if you have any suggestions. Any advice would be really appreciated as this is the only remaining issue preventing me from breaking with Windows completely.

Jay

Ok... maybe with a few pointers I might be able to work through this bit by bit myself

xvinfo reports the following: maximum XvImage size: 720 x 2048. From what I've been able to research, it should be by default 2048 x 2048).

How do I change the XvImage size? I imagine this would involve using an edit program like Kate but I don't know which file I need to access and edit.

Can anyone tell me please? Thanks...

Jay

Originally posted by Jay Jay View Post
    I've been running Feisty Fawn on my HP Omnibook 6000 for a few weeks, so far everything has gone quite well apart from one area: graphics.

Random acts of slowdown occur during graphical operations. Video formats always playback with degraded quality (reduced clarity, jerking, tearing and digital arftefacts such as pixellation).None of this occurs when I play games or watch films from my Win2k partition so I know that the graphics hardware isn't faulty.

With the help of a fellow member of the Kubuntu forum I went through every single means of correction without any improvement. They suggested I come on here to see if you have any suggestions. Any advice would be really appreciated as this is the only remaining issue preventing me from breaking with Windows completely.

Jay

Comment

Working...
    X