Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverStone Temjin TJ10

Phoronix: SilverStone Temjin TJ10

Last year we reviewed the SilverStone Temjin TJ09, which was an incredible EATX chassis and the best that we had seen all year. Well, half way through 2007 at Computex Taipei we caught our first glimpse of the Temjin TJ10 and now in August we finally have our hands on this beautiful-looking computer enclosure. The Temjin TJ10 takes the winning TJ09 design but incorporates several improvements. What are these changes for the TJ10 and is this case worth the $320+ price tag? We'll tell you in the world's first review of the SilverStone TJ10-BW.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi,

Could I ask you a question about this case?

Is there room to route cables behind the motherboard tray, like the P182, or Coolermaster Cosmos? I really like that feature. Looking at the final image in your review, I noticed some of the cabling (e.g. the ATX power cable and the cables to the optical drive) could have gone behind the motherboard tray and come out where they were needed (e.g. at the top for the ATX power cable).

Also, why didn't you mount the power supply with the 120mm fan pointing downwards, and is this configuration supported? That way, the hot air goes out through the bottom vent.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ayqazi View Post
      Hi,

Could I ask you a question about this case?
      Certainly!

Is there room to route cables behind the motherboard tray, like the P182, or Coolermaster Cosmos? I really like that feature. Looking at the final image in your review, I noticed some of the cabling (e.g. the ATX power cable and the cables to the optical drive) could have gone behind the motherboard tray and come out where they were needed (e.g. at the top for the ATX power cable).
      There's room for like putting zip ties behind there and looping them through the standoff holes (you can see those pictures in the review) but there really isn't room for cabling behind the motherboard tray. On the other side of the 5.25" drive bays and other internal bays, there is room, but not behind the motherboard directly.

Also, why didn't you mount the power supply with the 120mm fan pointing downwards, and is this configuration supported? That way, the hot air goes out through the bottom vent.

Yes, the case supports mounting it in either direction. The PSU was just quickly installed for the review.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        There's room for like putting zip ties behind there and looping them through the standoff holes (you can see those pictures in the review) but there really isn't room for cabling behind the motherboard tray. On the other side of the 5.25" drive bays and other internal bays, there is room, but not behind the motherboard directly.
        Bah, was hoping they'd have implemented this by now. Oh well... something to make do without. That was the one issue bugging me, thanks for clearing it up :-)

Comment

Working...
        X