Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avivo R500 Driver Gets TMDS Fixes

Phoronix: Avivo R500 Driver Gets TMDS Fixes

Jerome Glisse (the lead Avivo driver developer) has fixed TMDS issues with the ATI Radeon X1000 series hardware. The latest Avivo git driver changes how the TMDS is programmed (see the git commit for more information).

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, so this means that 0.1.0 should be out pretty soon. Thats good news.

Comment

It initialises OK, but still doesn't recover from sleep.

Thinkpad T60p with FireGL V5250, running Fedora 7. Native resolution is 1680x1050. The Xserver starts fine, but when I close and reopen the lid, the display is full of garbage.

This does not happen with the fglrx 8.40.4 driver.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
        Thinkpad T60p with FireGL V5250, running Fedora 7. Native resolution is 1680x1050. The Xserver starts fine, but when I close and reopen the lid, the display is full of garbage.

This does not happen with the fglrx 8.40.4 driver.
        Can you do radeondump before closing the lid with avivo (and proper display i guess) and after while the screen is corrupted (you could do dump over ssh). Please remember to do about 5 dumps in each situation with doing things btw dump (opening window, moving mouse, moving window, ...) thanks.

Comment

I can ssh into this laptop.

Originally posted by glisse View Post
          Can you do radeondump before closing the lid with avivo (and proper display i guess) and after while the screen is corrupted (you could do dump over ssh). Please remember to do about 5 dumps in each situation with doing things btw dump (opening window, moving mouse, moving window, ...) thanks.
          Using the power of ssh, I'll be able to get the radeondump without touching either the laptop's keyboard or mouse .

Do you want a radeondump with fglrx as well?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
            Using the power of ssh, I'll be able to get the radeondump without touching either the laptop's keyboard or mouse .

Do you want a radeondump with fglrx as well?
            Why not, btw take care to give different name to avivo dump like avivook then lidclosed

Comment

That last fix 'cut and paste thing' has broken the driver for me. I'm on Thinkpad T60p, FireGL V5200 (pci id 1002:71c4). The problem is that every second pixel column is white and the next one is what it should follow the picture. So only half of the screen is shown horizonally (but vertically it's ok). The driver worked well with the previous versions, also worked well with the one that had that paste bug. My native resolution is 1600x1200.

Comment

Originally posted by ambro814 View Post
                That last fix 'cut and paste thing' has broken the driver for me.
                Same here I'm afraid - T60, X1400, 1400x1050 panel.

Comment

I also got a Mobility FireGL V5200 (Fujitsu Siemens Celsius H240).

Commit acb551a3589ab6f528113793a1f4a1d242c25461 breaks the driver for me. I only get a black LVDS. Maybe the external DVI works, but I will not be able to test until later. The xorg logs show no differences though.

Using rev 1ce0eaf4b67ef841a608b02b4c031b532d17490 again.

Comment

Ok, the latest commits from today have got me working again - thanks Jerome

Comment

Working...
                    X