Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Release Schedule, Features For GNOME 3.2

Phoronix: A Release Schedule, Features For GNOME 3.2

Two weeks have passed since the release of GNOME 3.0, but preparations are already under-way for the next major release: GNOME 3.2. Continuing in the GNOME release tradition, and while it's not yet shipping in most Linux distributions, the next release will occur in six months time and take place at the end of September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they don't fall back into the 10 years untill the next release pit again, but better than the early KDE4 days of rushing to get everything in and having constantly new bugs with the new stuff even though the old stuff got bugfixed; giving everyone the idea that every release was crap because distros found it a good idea to screw up with what to ship aand mostly how to ship it. This all clouded the D-bus bug which made the releases a total disaster for end-users.

Gnome will have some serious competition with KDE 4.6.x which is bad-ass with Fedora 15 (even though that's not even final) and Ubuntu going after Unity and Qt.

May default Gnome 3 not suck total balls like default 2.x, otherwise I have to get back to countertrolling BlackStar

Comment

Bring requested features back without the need of using some hackish tools and editing files - like changing fonts, editing menu, ability to put icons on a desktop... give ability to use another WM, improve applications (I didn't notice any improvements compared to gnome2). Get rid of gnome shell or modify it to be more desktop friendly. Get feature parity with KDE 4.6 or at least with Gnome2... just dreaming. The most important one - make gnome applications look better in KDE.

Comment

Micheal, really, enough with slapping your drinking problem on everybody's face!

Comment

Michael doesn't have a drinking problem... I do. I'm out of alcohol to drink, which is getting to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
            Micheal, really, enough with slapping your drinking problem on everybody's face!
            drinking quality beer is not a problem

its a solution

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              drinking quality beer is not a problem

its a solution
              Drinking quality beer (I.E. not Augustiner) is not a problem, referencing to it in one third of the articles you write, however, is.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: A Release Schedule, Features For GNOME 3.2

Two weeks have passed since the release of GNOME 3.0, but preparations are already under-way for the next major release: GNOME 3.2. Continuing in the GNOME release tradition, and while it's not yet shipping in most Linux distributions, the next release will occur in six months time and take place at the end of September...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTM1MQ
                Which one is the latest release? I have searched alot but still not able to find.. I think you can help.. Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                X