Apple Mac OS X 10.7 DP2 Battles Ubuntu 10.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    default stock is the only valid way! no one hurt his system only because apple do not wana use GPLv3 stuff.

but really no one get payed from apple to use old software in linux.
    It really depends on what the point of the comparison is. If its to compare general end user experience, then stick to default options for each OS. If its to isolate the OS contribution to software performance, then the same software needs to be used on each OS. If its to look at the max potential of each OS, then the latest released or even unreleased versions of each software available for each OS should be used even if they are not the same between OS. All provide useful but different information.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      if an os cn not use GPLv3 software because apple wana hurt all opensource software by patent law then they just fuckt up!

means macos is just bad
      +5 totally agreed. In the Linux ecosystem you need to have the software leveled due to fragmentation, but there is only one Mac OS so I'd say let it bleed.

Comment

OpenGL Performance on OS X

Stupid question: how are OpenGL tests carried out on OS X in those benchmarks - do they access the native OpenGL of the OS or is the X server involved? As far as I know the Mac OS X server is only some kind of add on, and wouldn't really represent the native performance. My point then would be, doesn't this benchmark compare apples and oranges?

Comment

Working...
        X