Asus Eax1950pro 256mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Eax1950pro 256mb

While NVIDIA has already introduced their G80 8800GTX, after several delays the ATI/AMD camp still has not delivered their next-generation graphics processor: the R600 GPU. While the R600 remains behind closed doors the X1950 remains the fastest Radeon series available. Among the products in the X1950 family is the X1950 CrossFire, X1950PRO, X1950XT, and X1950XTX. What we are looking at today is the X1950PRO, which for this article is coming from ASUS. The ASUS EAX1950PRO offers 256MB of GDDR3, HDCP support, heatpipe-based GPU heatsink, and many more ASUS innovations.

While ATI had learned its lesson from the belated Radeon X1000 Linux support, the fglrx driver support for the X1950PRO was not added in October or even November of this year, but the drivers will finally be making their way out this month. We are fortunate enough to have these drivers in hand today, so this article will also serve as the world's first look at the Radeon X1950PRO under Linux. The X1950PRO is designed to be a midrange high-performance graphics card that sells for under $200 USD.
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Good review.

Is there any way of putting all your results in a table of sorts? That way we could compare all the cards you have reviewed in one place. I think a nice little spreadsheet with card name and the various frame rates would be awesome. A kind of one-stop shop for comparing the cards performance under linux. Just an idea.

Comment

Well, the problem with that is that we always use the latest drivers available and re-test all of the cards for each article. So to have one page with ALL graphics cards results wouldn't be entirely accurate, not to mention the changes in other hardware between articles as well as the kernel, etc... Maybe in Q1/2007 we will perform a large Linux GPU round-up.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That would be appreciated.

I try to get the most bang for my buck so I search a lot of reviews before I purchase a card for gaming.

Comment

Working...
        X