Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.10.1 Released

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.10.1 Released

Jeremy Huddleston has tagged the first point release in the X.Org Server 1.10 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

with macos using same video driver as linux [ same cpu too ] . i clearly don t understand why steam & games are so hard to be ported to nix .
    M$ should be trolling a lot for that

Comment

They don't use the same video drivers

Comment

Originally posted by jcgeny View Post
        with macos using same video driver as linux [ same cpu too ] . i clearly don t understand why steam & games are so hard to be ported to nix .
        M$ should be trolling a lot for that
        Totally different graphic subsystems. *nix derived OS's does not equal X11 development.

Comment

why they don't just put X on a bug fix only mode and throw resources to wayland

Comment

the roots are common ;']

i mean that the drivers can be considerate as very close . http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki
            when apple turned to use intel cpu they started to use linux source code to rewrite their "marvelous OS" [8 if i am thinking right ;'] ?

of course the apple'$ marketing should not like or be shouting their use of linux at every corners .... they are as M$ as M$ if i could say like that they love bucks as much as gates
            @ apple , they are even more capitalistic than microsoft that is second on the nazdac...

Comment

Originally posted by jcgeny View Post
              the roots are common ;']

i mean that the drivers can be considerate as very close . http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki
              when apple turned to use intel cpu they started to use linux source code to rewrite their "marvelous OS" [8 if i am thinking right ;'] ?
              Wow, so wrong on so many levels. quartz is an entirely different beast comparted to X11. BTW OS X's base is on BSD not Linux, sorry.

of course the apple'$ marketing should not like or be shouting their use of linux at every corners .... they are as M$ as M$ if i could say like that they love bucks as much as gates
              They don't shout it because they do not use linux. But they proudly admit that it is a BSD base.

Comment

Working...
              X