Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nogotheg View Post
    Hey Michael,

I'll stay out of the political discussion about the source engine. ;-)

But independant of the reason for a session, be sure to announce a LAN in a Munich Biergarten early and prominently enough on the website! I'll sure try to attend

N
    Still trying to figure out details.

Though any attendees would need to drink many Ma? of Augustiner as not to remember the software
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
      Is there something lacking in Phoronix journalist education or something? is there some secret definition of confirmed that I am missing

Phoronix (and others) may have been told by Valve insider that STEAM (note steam not source) is coming to linux. To then go and spread headlines CONFIRMED when at best its informed from a reliable source is just pathetic.

To then hold onto that statement coming upto a year later is just retarded.
      Retract that headline, change it in someway because it isn't confirmed. For it to be confirmed there must be some independent citation while the ONLY citation out there is from valve a month later say they are not working on a linux STEAM client (existance of alpha binaries or not)
      don't be so harsh...maybe those aliens @chernobyl did something cruel to him...

Comment

Gary says: "Only the server on Linux - NOT the client"

"You guys are stupid if you think that GMod is coming out for Linux.. Linux doesn't even have HL2.. or Steam. I was compiling the server." - Gary Newman's Twitter feed refuting Linux source client.

Comment

Oh god steam is coming to Linux, again! I told you last year and the year before and .. but this year it's really coming, trust me! It's like fscking groundhog day.

Or, as the saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
          "You guys are stupid if you think that GMod is coming out for Linux.. Linux doesn't even have HL2.. or Steam. I was compiling the server." - Gary Newman's Twitter feed refuting Linux source client.
          LOL. Another phoronix FAIL!

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
            Oh god steam is coming to Linux, again! I told you last year and the year before and .. but this year it's really coming, trust me! It's like fscking groundhog day.

Or, as the saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

LOL. Another phoronix FAIL!
            just a bit. Phoronix and STEAM news is just becoming a joke. Its like some conspiracy nutter coming up with loads of different theories, eventually they strike it lucky and go "see see I told you" when in actual fact they have just been dicking around with everyone for so long that any potential credibility they had was lost ages ago.

Phoronix have just got to be careful that their failure in reporting gossip a year ago w.r.t. "end of the summer Its confirmed " crap they pulled and keep pulling with STEAM doesn't cause their other news to be tainted.

When some random modder on the net starts laughing at the "news" site you know its gone on too long

Comment

Well, I'll just say this...

Maybe Michael had a reason to believe good things were coming our way from Valve and maybe he didn't. After this latest Twitter monkeyshine however, I believe Garry Newman can go get bent.

In fact, I'm sick to death of being told we're good enough to run servers, but not good enough to get first-class treatment in the consumer software department. And now we're suddenly stupid if we think we're going to get that treatment? Gabe, you need to reign in your dog. He's making you look bad.

What you've done sir, is ensure I will not be purchasing your little mod for any platform. We are not stupid, Mr. Newman. We are hopeful. We are hungry. We keep doing everything we can so our favorite platform will be supported by developers who we admire and love. ...And we get kicked in the face for that love and hope. You couldn't be a bigger dick if you tried.

Kindly stop using Linux as well. I hear it's bad for the I.Q.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                A real journalist would also update their story with a correction once this information

Comment

I read the "news" today, oh boy...

You know that GMod requires one of the other Valve source games to be installed to work, right? How is a Linux native client supposed to work without any of the other games being ported first? It's a MOD.

So, Michael: Please stop with the headline's that get everyone's hopes up without first doing the most basic research.

BTW: GMod works great under Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
                    In fact, I'm sick to death of being told we're good enough to run servers, but not good enough to get first-class treatment in the consumer software department.
                    It's a freaking operating system, not a damn life style. "We're not good enough"... what the hell is wrong with you, dude? Linux is an OS. One that is super-immensely popular for cheap personal servers but not very popular at all as a home desktop OS. So yes, game servers come to Linux often and game clients very rarely. Duh.

In other news, Acme Insurance sells an offer lot of hurricane insurance in Florida but they haven't got a single client yet in North Dakota.

We are not stupid, Mr. Newman.
                    Anyone who thought his news announcement meant a Linux client was coming is
                    absolutely stupid.

If I had a bunch of frothing-at-the-mouth Linux nerds coming after me with questions because of Michael's usual crazy-ass bullshit "news" posts, I'd get pretty irritated with the Linux community, too.

We keep doing everything we can so our favorite platform will be supported by developers who we admire and love.
                    The royal "We" is so much fun. What have "we" done, exactly? "We" don't seem to have done anything besides whine on forums about how the actual game devs aren't going out of their way for "us."

Comment

I suspect there will be some developments dealing with the steam client soon, but it really is frustrating to see how deceiving michael's posts can be. The gmod update was obviously for the servers.

Comment

Working...
                      X