Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATI 8.31.5 / Fedora FC6 - Kernel-Devel Errors

Default Development Tools didn't work.

Trying default Development Libraries now

Also failed.

Reinstalling and going to select all packages.

zarin,

After a reinstall and checking Office & Productivity as well as Software Development did it work out for you?

Another person has came to me with this problem. Zarin, did reinstalling work for you? I still haven't been able to reproduce this issue outside of what was mentioned in this thread.

Okay, working with the other person who had this problem, it turns out he was running on a Xen kernel and didn't know it. After he switched to a traditional kernel it worked without fault. Are you running on a Xen kernel right now?

So i finished reinstalling with every package available. I still had to update qt-devel and qt to compile RPMS.

So i compile rpms and then install them.

I can call the control panel and make settings chagnes but i don't have icons in menu system.

After running --buildpkg Fedora/FC6 what should be done to install this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by zarin View Post
    So i finished reinstalling with every package available. I still had to update qt-devel and qt to compile RPMS.

So i compile rpms and then install them.

I can call the control panel and make settings chagnes but i don't have icons in menu system.

After running --buildpkg Fedora/FC6 what should be done to install this correctly?

After generating the RPMs using --buildpkg you need to install the RPMs as root (rpm -ivh *.rpm). Make sure you have compat-libstdc++33 installed as well.

yes i forgot to mention that.

I had to install that as well so i did.

I then ran the rpm command and then rebooted.

This was all done as roon.

But now ATI link in gnome menu system yet

If you installed the RPMs, the fireglcontrolpanel should be under Applications > System Tools.