No announcement yet.

Blender Becomes More Usable With 2.57 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, you can access the Blender website again now that it's further down on the Slashdot front page.

Comment

About the multi-window lack of support:

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Kano broke it.
        ROFL!! He's always brealking things

Comment

wait, what's different?

I was kind of excited to read this, as I've always been one of those people who found the blender UI extremely difficult to use... but I upon installing a new version (2.57-svn36147-1, on debian), don't really see a whole lot of difference. It still basically seems to be the old wacky blender ...

What actually changed?

Comment

Well...

Originally posted by snogglethorpe View Post
            I was kind of excited to read this, as I've always been one of those people who found the blender UI extremely difficult to use... but I upon installing a new version (2.57-svn36147-1, on debian), don't really see a whole lot of difference. It still basically seems to be the old wacky blender ...

What actually changed?
            Well if you open 2.49 and 2.57 you should see a significant difference... The search menu, more customisable key shortcuts, the layout is different (and still customisable) and quite a few new features

Comment

What actually changed?
              http://www.blender.org/development/r...nder-256-beta/ and more.

Comment

I was kind of excited to read this, as I've always been one of those people who found the blender UI extremely difficult to use...
                The UI has scared me away for a long time as well, but recently I decided to take the plunge and force myself to use it to do some actual work. It did take a fair amount of time to learn even the basics, but after learning that I could finaly see what a nice program it is. It only lacks one or two functionalities to be the perfect 3D modelling program for me.

What actually changed?
                Quite a lot. The new interface is much easier to use compared to the 2.4x series. The keyboard shortcuts are also a bit more sane. In the past you could be sure that whatever keyboard shortcuts you know or have ever used in other applications, won't work as you're expecting in Blender.

Comment

Working...
                X