Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundle #3 Just Did $500k USD; Here's A Contest

Phoronix: Bundle #3 Just Did $500k USD; Here's A Contest

Just minutes ago, the Humble Indie Bundle #3 surpassed $500,000 USD in sales in about two days times. We've also launched a contest to give-away several copies of the game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And if you read Humble Bundle's Twitter (Jeffrey Rosen):
    Originally posted by https://twitter.com/humble
    The Jack Claw download has been updated to V2 -- now includes keyboard + mouse support (default).
    Good thing seeing the prototype being developed.

Comment

Did bundle 1 & 2 get $500k in 48 hours as well or did it take longer?

I hope they have the next one on the 1st of the month so I can take part and show my support for Linux gaming.

Comment

Hmm, I guess I was wrong and they could reach $1M again. It's a nice way to encourage Linux game production, albeit indie games. The only thing that disappoints me now is that they didn't include Oilrush.

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
          Hmm, I guess I was wrong and they could reach $1M again. It's a nice way to encourage Linux game production, albeit indie games. The only thing that disappoints me now is that they didn't include Oilrush.
          That's probably because OilRush isn't released yet. http://oilrush-game.com/

Comment

I doubt that because it's not the first time that they include games that are still in development.

Comment

Glad we have games like these!

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
                For starters, OilRush doesn't support OS X yet. I guess thats an odd predicament to be in, considering most developers are having to develop Linux clients to get into the bundle and not OS X or Windows clients.

Comment

What is not mentioned in the article, is how much you paid for the five copies of HIB3.
                  Average linux amount ?

Comment

I don't get the point of the contest? Anyone that wants a bundle can pay 1c for it, so unless Michael discloses how much of a donation each prize is worth, it's a bit silly. The current average Linux price (or some multiple thereof) would be good

Comment

Working...
                    X