The new HTPC build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new HTPC build.

Well started grabbing the parts to put this guy together. So far here is the parts list.

CASE: Antec Fusion Black
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI H61M-P23 (B3)
    CPU: Intel Core i3 2100T
    HSF: Thermalright AXP -140RT
    RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (4GBx2) 1333 DDR3
    VIDEOCARD: Asus ENGT520 Silent/D1/1GD3(LP)
    BOOTDRIVE: Patriot Torqx TRB32 SSD
    STORAGE DRIVES: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB x 3
    POWER SUPPLY: Seasonic X Series SS-400FL fanless 400 watt
    HDTV TUNER: Hauppauge Win-TV-HVR 2250
    HD CAPTURE CARD: Hauppauge Colossus x2
    OS: custom minimal respin of openSUSE 11.4 using XBMC with pvr addon.

Some stuff I'm still waiting on but it should be all up and running in a month or so. Total cost ~$1300 Canadian.

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    HD CAPTURE CARD: Hauppauge Colossus x2
    Darn, that one looks nice. I may have to pick one up for mine. Mine, however, being super tiny will need one of these to make it fit: http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/pe-flex1-p-756.html

It would be nice if they made it in low profile....

Comment

I can't seem to find any reference to there being linux drivers available for that device. Only links that say "there are none".

That would be a show stopper....

Comment

You can basically try to use latest libva for snb first before installing a dedicated gfx card. That requires a current oss stack however, but Core i cpus usually compile fast At least that would be the first i try when i finally get snb... Hopefully i can try the h264 encoder too...

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
          I can't seem to find any reference to there being linux drivers available for that device. Only links that say "there are none".

That would be a show stopper....
          It's in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            You can basically try to use latest libva for snb first before installing a dedicated gfx card. That requires a current oss stack however, but Core i cpus usually compile fast At least that would be the first i try when i finally get snb... Hopefully i can try the h264 encoder too...
            Tried it this last week. Until they can get a version out play media at exact frame rates it leaves it out of the picture here.

Comment

Working...
            X