Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BitTorrent Lets Open-Source Lag Behind

Phoronix: BitTorrent Lets Open-Source Lag Behind

BitTorrent 6.0 has been around now for a little over a week and today Slyck News is reporting new information and that BitTorrent is now closed-source. Older versions of BitTorrent remain open-source, but there will be no open-source version of BitTorrent 6.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: BitTorrent Lets Open-Source Lag Behind

BitTorrent 6.0 has been around now for a little over a week and today Slyck News is reporting new information and that BitTorrent is now closed-source. Older versions of BitTorrent remain open-source, but there will be no open-source version of BitTorrent 6.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NTk2Mw
    I believe its because they don't care for releasing the code for the newly bought and rebranded windows only closed-source ?Torrent.

I put my hopes to Deluge.

Comment

Originally posted by steinberger View Post
      I believe its because they don't care for releasing the code for the newly bought and rebranded windows only closed-source ?Torrent.

I put my hopes to Deluge.
      I am glad to hear more people are using Deluge. We have just released 0.5.4.1 and hope to have it included in Ubuntu's Gutsy. The future of Deluge is looking good and I hope to get a beta of 0.6 in the next few months.

Cheers,
      Andrew

Comment

Working...
      X