Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 16 Will Be Verne, Not A Beefy Miracle

Phoronix: Fedora 16 Will Be Verne, Not A Beefy Miracle

The Fedora 16 name voting has ended. One of the leading proposals for the Fedora 16 codename was to call it a Beefy Miracle, but that will not happen. The Fedora 15 successor will be called Verne...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's too bad Beefy Miracle didn't win, I was really hoping it would. I would probably never update from Fedora 16 just so i could keep on using the "Beefy Miracle".

Comment

Reminds me of this

Comment

If BM would have won, that would probably be the last Fedora naming contest open to the general public.

Comment

One day...

One day the name "Smelly fart" is going to make sense according to the rules, and when that day comes I'm going to propose it and it's going to win. It'll be a good day :')

PS: seriously... what else is there more to add to this article?

Comment

kitchen beefy miracle was an inside joke in the fedora community so it didn't come from outside.There was even a rather elaborate theme in place as I recall. Too bad. Very boring name.

Comment

Go Jules!

Comment

Working...
              X