No announcement yet.

An Open-Source MMORPG Using The Unigine Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I pledge $100 for them not to develop another MMORPG?

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Can I pledge $100 for them not to develop another MMORPG?
      Harsh

Actually, I was thinking about how I've heard a lot of talk recently that push-button MMOs are reaching end-of-life. I think there's some merit to that discussion, and certainly it's sad to see an open-source MMO right when that variant reaches the beginning of the end.

To clarify, I'm not saying push-button MMOs will die off in the next few years, but that they are at the start of a slow decline as the next generation (Blizzard's Titan?) take their place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranguvar View Post
        Harsh
        Heh, just tired of seeing yet another MMO when good single player games are lacking.

Comment

Heh, just tired of seeing yet another MMO when good single player games are lacking.
          Me too. We already have a wonderful commercial AAA tittle mmorpg with linux suport like Ryzom.

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
            Me too. We already have a wonderful commercial AAA tittle mmorpg with linux suport like Ryzom.
            I agree, I can't imagine them being more successful than Ryzom. Ryzom already has problems finding enough players to stay in business and they are available on all plattforms.

I think it is a huge mistake to develop a game where you have to pay a monthly fee.

Comment

Thought it was just me. Linux doesn't even have a good single player FPS, yet alone a single player RPG.

Single Player > Multiplayer. I just like multiplayer games for a change of pace.

Comment

Working...
              X