Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.23-rc2 "Diseased" Kernel

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.23-rc2 "Diseased" Kernel

The Linux 2.6.23-rc2 kernel has been released onto kernel mirrors. This second release candidate introduces some new merges with 250 people contributing patches, but 2.6.23-rc2 is bigger than it should be and it's late as well.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

2.6.23-rc2 is bigger than it should be and it's late as well.
    i don't care about deadlines in kernel development. i suppose nobody really does, because it's the stability that's the most important.

kernel is a big project. it needs carful testing. besides there were a lot of merges from -mm and various other contributors, so i won't be surprised to see it late this time, even though i can't wait to see cfs in action :]

Comment

I want Reiser4 official support And ext4

Does anyone already has tested or found tests about performance improvements with the CFS?

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        I want Reiser4 official support And ext4

Does anyone already has tested or found tests about performance improvements with the CFS?
        There will be 2.6.21, 2.6.22, and 2.6.23 kernel tests at Phoronix next week.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

reiser4 still needs some work to be included - there still are reports various cases of dissappearing directories, or corrupt files. and too many people would go for that fs if it were included as-is.

which leaves me wondering - how come ext4 made it into the kernel already?

Comment

Working...
          X