Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Gordon's Thoughts On Open-Source Gaming

Phoronix: Ryan Gordon's Thoughts On Open-Source Gaming

As mentioned in advance, Ryan Gordon was in Chicago last week for the Flourish open-source conference to talk about Linux and open-source gaming. Here's the video recording of his talk...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

this guy expressed some interest in contributing on sdl-wayland recently

Comment

Oh. No question where asked?

Maybe mini mail interview? With questions proposed at forum last time?

Comment

Cool video. Just finished it. It looks like it mostly recapped things I already knew, but it's a very good summary of past and recent events.

Comment

Yeah, he is talking a lot about the past. As a summary - very good of course.
          Didn't find the niche he talked about linux itself, as an os, as a platform

Comment

Great talk for summary background. I knew bits and piece of the history he was talking about, but it was very informative to see it all put into the big picture.

Comment

squake

ID didn't release the first linux version of quake. It was a kid who got the source off IRC. He coded it against svgalib. But I've long since forgotten the names.

The story was he contacted Carmack who was impressed.

Comment

What was the very last question that was responded to with "It needs a lot of work"?
                Can't catch it.

Comment

Working...
                X