Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aticonfig --query-monitor doesn't work (Lenovo T60)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I still have yet to come across this issue with a Lenovo T60. You may want to try out 8.36 once this has been released.
    ...and I tried out 8.36. Didn't work, as I expected. But I did some further debugging in order to figure out what was going on, and I narrowed the problem down to XGL/Beryl. Everything works perfectly when I'm within a non-XGL X session.

...And I was actually able to circumvent this problem now - by running it as DISPLAY=:0 aticonfig --query-monitor. Similarly, even amdcccle works now for me, it used to just segfault earlier.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by mrinaldotnet View Post
      ...and I tried out 8.36. Didn't work, as I expected. But I did some further debugging in order to figure out what was going on, and I narrowed the problem down to XGL/Beryl. Everything works perfectly when I'm within a non-XGL X session.

...And I was actually able to circumvent this problem now - by running it as DISPLAY=:0 aticonfig --query-monitor. Similarly, even amdcccle works now for me, it used to just segfault earlier.

Thanks a lot for your help!
      I have the same problem, T60 with beryl running amdcccle segfaults and aticonfig doesn't recognize any monitors or powerplay modes.
      Works fine with out beryl.

I tried to add DISPLAY:0 but it has no effect, any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X