Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.0 Beta 1 Released

Phoronix: KDE 4.0 Beta 1 Released

A day after the release of GNOME 2.19.6 is the availability of KDE 4.0 Beta 1. The library interface for KDE 4.0 is now under a full freeze.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I tested the LiveCD and it still isn't worth looking at. The new oxygen style development has just begun (there was a better looking "old" oxygen style before from what I've been told) and it doesn't look really good at the moment (but the icons do!), the new panel isn't in and applications are buggy and some features are not integrated yet. But KDE > Gnome, so I can wait for the final version and I am sure it will rock and bring some Gnome users to KDE

Btw. it seems that Debian/stable (Lenny) will be getting KDE4 as default before Kubuntu does. Kubuntu will support it as the default desktop by 8.10 as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
    X