SilverStone Fortress FT03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Unfortunately they do not list a price yet on that case but as long as it falls within the price range of other high quality cases I'll be grabbing one for my new HTPC build. The fullsized ATX motherboard support is a plus as I will be needing a lot of PCI-e slots for the next HTPC build (3 Hauppauge Colossus cards, one Hauppauge HVR-2250, and a Nvidia GTX-520 totaling 5 pci-e slots). Not many good HTPC cases have that kind of expandability.
    Curious what you plan to do with the 2nd and 3rd Colossus cards- I thought you could only do 1 Colossus to one cable box, unless you plan to have 3 boxes stacked right near each other (or some very long runs of cable) does seem a little crazy.
    If you wait another couple of months, the HD Homerun Prime should be out, and you can add one of those to the setup (with the benefit of being able to grab channel mapping data from the device).

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      This is my idea of a nice HTPC case:

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_Amiga2000.aspx
      That one is very nice indeed, although I'm the opposite and prefer minuscule cases. The smaller the better! Less weight to carry around when moving it from one place to another, or when reaching behind it to plug/unplug a cable.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
        That one is very nice indeed, although I'm the opposite and prefer minuscule cases. The smaller the better! Less weight to carry around when moving it from one place to another, or when reaching behind it to plug/unplug a cable.
        Well I'm not one to lug around home theater systems. Moving the 58" Plasma gets a bit tiresome after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
          Curious what you plan to do with the 2nd and 3rd Colossus cards- I thought you could only do 1 Colossus to one cable box, unless you plan to have 3 boxes stacked right near each other (or some very long runs of cable) does seem a little crazy.
          If you wait another couple of months, the HD Homerun Prime should be out, and you can add one of those to the setup (with the benefit of being able to grab channel mapping data from the device).

I do have 3 HD boxes on top of one another, I record a lot of sports and all to often they overrun each other in time slots plus the rest of the family may want to record something. CableCARDs (so no HD Homerun) can't be used in my area so the Colossus are the only real option for this area. I'll be damned if I give up my telcos IPTV service for them money grabbing cable companies. The IPTV setup here is far superior then what is available for the local cable company (HD feeds are being pumped out well over twice the bitrate with the telco plus I'll be getting 200 Mbit down / 60 Mbit up internet with no data caps).

Comment

Working...
          X