Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI fglrx 8.31.5 - error while building RPMs

Hi, everyone!

I'm running Fedora Core 6 (x86) and try to build installation RPMs from the ATI fxlrg driver (ati-driver-installer-8.31.5-x86.x86_64.run), but recieve a strange error. Can someone suggest what should I do?

I do this as root
    Code:
    [root@somehost ati_fglrx]# ./ati-driver-installer-8.31.5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/FC6
    and recieve the following:
    Code:
    ==================================================
     ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager 
    ==================================================
    Generating package: Fedora/FC6
    install: cannot stat `fireglcontrolpanel': No such file or directory
    Package build failed!
    then a lot of information (Say, if you need it) and in the end:
    Code:
    RPM build errors:
        File not found: /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.31.5-1-3315-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.31.5-1.fc6-root-root/usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
    I don't think, this is because of missing libraries. I have installed all, that were needed (at least I think so...).

Please, help me.

See this thread for the fix: http://phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=318
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

More problems

OK, Michael. I've followed your instructions and extracted the sources. But when I tried to build them, I got this:
      Code:
      [root@somehost ati]# make
      g++ FGLRXExtensions.o ATITVOExtensions.o  main.o Sheet.o Page.o InfoPage.o DualScreenPage.o AdjustPage.o TVoutAdjustPage.o BoardInfo.o  moc_Sheet.o moc_Page.o moc_InfoPage.o moc_DualScreenPage.o moc_AdjustPage.o moc_TVoutAdjustPage.o    -o fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1  -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lICE -lSM -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm -lXinerama -lXrender -lfreetype -lXxf86vm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXft
      /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make: *** [fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1] Error 1
      So, what can it be?

Comment

Do you have qt and qt-devel installed? Make sure it's qt 3.3 branch and not 4. If you're running x86_64 make sure you have the devel installed as well for i386.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

qt & qt-devel

Yes. According to Yumex I have this packages installed:
          • qt-3.3.6-13
          • qt-devel-3.3.6-13

and also this:
          • compat-gcc-34
          • compat-libgcc-296
          • compat-libstdc++-296
          • compat-libstdc++-33
          • compiz-0.0.13

Comment

Hey, Michael. If I'm not mistaken, you're the author of the ATi driver for Fedora (because your name is written near the Fedora packages). And you can't suggest any solution of the problem! Shame on you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by debrajelon View Post
              Hey, Michael. If I'm not mistaken, you're the author of the ATi driver for Fedora (because your name is written near the Fedora packages). And you can't suggest any solution of the problem! Shame on you!!!
              Yes, I am the current maintainer. Niko Mirthes originally started working on it and I basically was responsible for ensuring the packages worked on i386 and x86_64 versions of Fedora Core 4/5/6. However, Niko had went missing a few months ago and no one has been able to reach him so now I am taking care of maintaining the Fedora scripts.

In regards to not having a response for you, I apologize. As you can see, there are many threads in the AMD/ATI Linux forum requesting my help and with many of them having similar titles, I may have mistaken this thread for being resolved.

Originally posted by debrajelon View Post
              OK, Michael. I've followed your instructions and extracted the sources. But when I tried to build them, I got this:
              Code:
              [root@somehost ati]# make
              g++ FGLRXExtensions.o ATITVOExtensions.o  main.o Sheet.o Page.o InfoPage.o DualScreenPage.o AdjustPage.o TVoutAdjustPage.o BoardInfo.o  moc_Sheet.o moc_Page.o moc_InfoPage.o moc_DualScreenPage.o moc_AdjustPage.o moc_TVoutAdjustPage.o    -o fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1  -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lICE -lSM -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm -lXinerama -lXrender -lfreetype -lXxf86vm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXft
              /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
              collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
              make: *** [fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1] Error 1
              So, what can it be?
              Okay, so the fireglcontrolpanel makefile isn't able to find lib Qt. Many users have been running into Qt issues with FC6 and the fglrx fireglcontrolpanel, while other users haven't run into this problem at all (I have performed dozens of installs of FC6 so far and only in a handful of cases had I run into this Qt issue, which was resolved by installing the proper RPMs.

Are you running an x86_64 copy of Fedora Core 6? If so, make sure to have both the qt-devel i386 and x86_64 RPMs.

Another way to fix this would simply be not to build the fireglcontrolpanel in the packaging scripts. I mentioned the steps to remove the fireglcontrolpanel from the Fedora scripts in another thread in this forum, but if you can't find it let me know.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Sorry for being rude. I still need help, that is the reason.

I simply can't understand what's going on. I was running Fedora 4 and Fedora 5 for quite a long time, and I've never faced such problems (I mean installing ATi drivers).

Comment

Well, are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Fedora?

If you have all of the RPMs installed it should work without fault. If you want an easy way to go about it, I can tell you what code to delete or comment out so the drivers will build without the fireglcontrolpanel there by bypassing the Qt requirement.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

I'm running the 32-bit version of Fedora and I have ATi Redeon X700Pro video card.

It would be great, if you say what should I comment. But it would be better, if someone put already build RPMs somewhere, so I can download them and install. Or it won't work?

Comment

Working...
                    X