Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Programming] Need a contact form

Hello,

I need a contact form on my website, that will send to my email address what the visitor enter in the form fields. The problem is that I can't run any php scripts.. is there a way to use some html form?

Originally posted by dexa View Post
    Hello,

I need a contact form on my website, that will send to my email address what the visitor enter in the form fields. The problem is that I can't run any php scripts.. is there a way to use some html form?
    Using pure HTML that is not possible. You'd need to use a server-side script or just create a mailto link.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

As Michael said, HTML does not have that capability. Sending emails is a server-side job. If you can't run php I'm assuming you aren't able to run any server-side scripts at all...

I don't recommend mailtos however, you'll have more spam that you can imagine in a short amount of time if you put your address out for all the bots to harvest...

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        I don't recommend mailtos however, you'll have more spam that you can imagine in a short amount of time if you put your address out for all the bots to harvest...
        I don't have a mailto on any of my stuff and I've a constant battle royale to keep the crap out of my mailbox. I'd have to echo the advice here- don't do it...

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions! I found a site that offers remotely hosted contact forms, www.emailmeform.com . Basically, I paste the html code in my website, and it calls the php script on their server who sends the email.

Comment

Working...
          X