• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 11.4b hotfix driver

Based on Catalyst 11.4

Supports new Radeon HD 6xxx series cards

Don't expect Xserver 1.10 support!

Works with kernel 2.6.38.

Keep a copy of your /etc/ati/control file. Replace the newly generated one with the old one to remove the watermark.

Tested with an Ati 4870.

Comment

A hotfix driver with a watermark... This could only come from the devs of AMD. It's so retarded, it's not even funny.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        A hotfix driver with a watermark... This could only come from the devs of AMD. It's so retarded, it's not even funny.
        Lets face it, support from all three is retarded.
        1st not innovating, but excellent performance on mediocre hardware.
        2nd is innovating at slug rate without any compaigns to help improve the area etc; while at same rate providing breaking closed driver.
        3rd is just plainly providing closed driver, whose bug ratio has recently increased.

Comment

@RealNC

I tested my old logo hack and it did not work anymore, the only way to use it without watermark is to save the /etc/ati/control from an other driver and put that back after install of the hotfix. My script with -v 8.84 option can install it - also it is outselected for 5 pci ids which are not in 11-3. I could not see any improvements in the driver anyway...

Comment

Just what the hell is a watermark?

As an nvidia user I haven't heard of it forgive my informationlessness. Is it something to laugh at? Or piss on?

Comment

A watermark is a big square on top of everything else on your screen that constantly tells you that you should not use these drivers. It's like an annoying pop-up that you can't close. And it's there EVERYWHERE. You can't place anything on top of it.

Comment

Allright then, take care, be calm.

Comment

Working...
                X