Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0

Phoronix: KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0

KDE Software Compilation 4.6.2 has been released as the latest monthly point release to the KDE SC 4.6 desktop. It contains the usual bug-fixes, translation updates, and other smaller items that can be safely pushed prior to KDE SC 4.7 this summer. This month's release is also dedicated to the GNOME community for their major GNOME 3.0 release due out today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Here here, all mature behaviour. Some *cough* fans *cough* should take note.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0

KDE Software Compilation 4.6.2 has been released as the latest monthly point release to the KDE SC 4.6 desktop. It contains the usual bug-fixes, translation updates, and other smaller items that can be safely pushed prior to KDE SC 4.7 this summer. This month's release is also dedicated to the GNOME community for their major GNOME 3.0 release due out today...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTI5Mg
      This is like when the Spurs were rooting for the Phoenix Suns because they had beaten them like a drum for the past 5 years LOL!!!

All jokes aside... I really hope Gnome 3 does well. Nothing inspires innovation like healthy competition. Plus, I like the option of switching DE's if KDE pisses me off, or vice versa.

Comment

KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0
        The KDE guys have wonderful sense of humour!

Comment

Cake

I think I prefer the tradition the Internet Explorer developers have, of sending their Mozilla rivals cake to celebrate a major release.

Comment

I know that this particular post may pack very little value, but I just can't help myself?
            How sweet!

You can't imagine how happy it makes me to witness how noble can people be when they want to.

Comment

If only they would find the time to fix kmail... and ktimetracker, and improve KWin's compositing performance on radeons, and all the multi monitor shortcomings it has and... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                improve KWin's compositing performance on radeons
                Why should unpaid KWin developers fix a driver that's developed by full-time developers working for and paid by a giant corporation?
                You're not making sense.

Btw, following the economics of a free market: If you can't fix problems yourself, you can always hire someone to do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                  Why should unpaid KWin developers fix a driver that's developed by full-time developers working for and paid by a giant corporation?
                  Because they care about their users?

Comment

Once again KDE crew shows off to be the classier of the two desktop teams.

Comment

Working...
                    X