Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0

Default KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0

Phoronix: KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0

KDE Software Compilation 4.6.2 has been released as the latest monthly point release to the KDE SC 4.6 desktop. It contains the usual bug-fixes, translation updates, and other smaller items that can be safely pushed prior to KDE SC 4.7 this summer. This month's release is also dedicated to the GNOME community for their major GNOME 3.0 release due out today...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTI5Mg

Here here, all mature behaviour. Some *cough* fans *cough* should take note.

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0

KDE Software Compilation 4.6.2 has been released as the latest monthly point release to the KDE SC 4.6 desktop. It contains the usual bug-fixes, translation updates, and other smaller items that can be safely pushed prior to KDE SC 4.7 this summer. This month's release is also dedicated to the GNOME community for their major GNOME 3.0 release due out today...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTI5Mg
    This is like when the Spurs were rooting for the Phoenix Suns because they had beaten them like a drum for the past 5 years LOL!!!

All jokes aside... I really hope Gnome 3 does well. Nothing inspires innovation like healthy competition. Plus, I like the option of switching DE's if KDE pisses me off, or vice versa.

KDE SC 4.6.2 Codename Is Dedicated To GNOME 3.0
    The KDE guys have wonderful sense of humour!

Default Cake

I think I prefer the tradition the Internet Explorer developers have, of sending their Mozilla rivals cake to celebrate a major release.

Thumbs up

I know that this particular post may pack very little value, but I just can't help myself…
    How sweet!

You can't imagine how happy it makes me to witness how noble can people be when they want to.

If only they would find the time to fix kmail... and ktimetracker, and improve KWin's compositing performance on radeons, and all the multi monitor shortcomings it has and... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    improve KWin's compositing performance on radeons
    Why should unpaid KWin developers fix a driver that's developed by full-time developers working for and paid by a giant corporation?
    You're not making sense.

Btw, following the economics of a free market: If you can't fix problems yourself, you can always hire someone to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Why should unpaid KWin developers fix a driver that's developed by full-time developers working for and paid by a giant corporation?
    Because they care about their users?

Once again KDE crew shows off to be the classier of the two desktop teams.