AMD 690G chipset under linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 690G chipset under linux?

I'm thinking of picking up a Asus M2A-VM(690G) chipset to replace my dead mobo and would like to know how good support for the chipset is under linux. Should i expect problems or should everything run smoothly?

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
    I'm thinking of picking up a Asus M2A-VM(690G) chipset to replace my dead mobo and would like to know how good support for the chipset is under linux. Should i expect problems or should everything run smoothly?
    Hi, I'm thinking to build a cheap setup with 690G chipset (abit fatal1ty). But from the impression i got with ati graphics drivers in linux...i think it's better not to get this setup. :S

Comment

Well im not really interested in the GPU part.

Comment

Ok I picked it up. It works fine. No problems so far(im not using the GPU). Ill post more details whe i play around a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by davidletterboyz View Post
          Hi, I'm thinking to build a cheap setup with 690G chipset (abit fatal1ty). But from the impression i got with ati graphics drivers in linux...i think it's better not to get this setup. :S
          Abit has a 690G board? I was checking their website and they only had Nvidia stuff for AMD as far as i could tell

Comment

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
            Abit has a 690G board? I was checking their website and they only had Nvidia stuff for AMD as far as i could tell
            Ahh...my bad. It's not RD690....the one Abit has is RX1250 chipset?

Comment

690G works well in CentOS 5

I use soyo 690G MB. It works fine in CentOS 5.0, following are sth noted during installation:

1. disable the HPET (high precision event timer) in BIOS (for soyo MB, bios must be updated by winflash)
              2. update the CentOS asap after installation, the newest kernel can tolerate HPET enabled
              3. use latest alsa sound driver and use kmixer/alsa mixer to increase the volumn
              4. install the legacy software support in CentOS 5 and install ati driver for RHEL 4.

Then everything works fine

Comment

Using 690G for a month with 64bit linux

I am using Biostar TA690G-AM2 MoBo for a month now
                with 64-bit Xubuntu (as before)
                and everything is fine.

Driver fglrx is working and even compiz is doing its job. MoBo have hdmi, dvi, vga and tv-out but only one digital and one analoge out can be used at he same time. Its graphics is faster then intel G33/690G
                Overclock is great on Biostar.

See 690G MoBo list:

Pay attention that only both Gigabyte 690G`s has 4x PciExpress port (beside 16x one).
                (And Albatron with Mini-ITX - Cute

Comment

I just purchased a Biostar TA690G-AM2, but have been unable to find any info if sata is supported under linux.Could anyone please enlighten me? :-)

Regards
                  Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by soehest View Post
                    I just purchased a Biostar TA690G-AM2, but have been unable to find any info if sata is supported under linux.Could anyone please enlighten me? :-)
                    According to google it's AHCI so it should
                    work alright

Comment

Working...
                    X