AMD 8.39.4 Driver Released -- 8.35 no longer does it better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    It is not. They just don't show you what they are working on.

But IF they are working on this new OpenGL implementation, they could at LEAST give some feedback or information.

I want my AIGLX. It's not like AIGLX was created yesterday. nVidia has support for it for a LONG LONG time... Enough to implement the features on the old OpenGL drivers. Of course if they have a new one now, it's not productive to waste time implementing AIGLX support on both OpenGL drivers, but they could have done it before.

Also, we don't have any real information on when will it come. It's all speculation.

They shouldn't even waste time releasing useless bugged drivers, and instead concentrate on this new OpenGL implementation.

Well, I'll get back to work. I do follow a schedule to release my projects and it's features, and I do keep my clients informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
      Also, we don't have any real information on when will it come. It's all speculation.
      I hope the leaves don't knock out my power or Internet lines this fall...

By the way, the "new" 8.39.4 is now out: http://www.phoronix.com/?page=news_item&px=NTkxNw
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I hope the leaves don't knock out my power or Internet lines this fall...
        Hehehe... We do appreciate all your help and effort Michael, but this kind of information should come directly from ATI/AMD.

But thanks for everything...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
          this kind of information should come directly from ATI/AMD.
          AMD is a publicly traded company and is only allowed by regulations to make such announcements through formal channels (i.e. press release).
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Fall for some people is july-september, but I guess you are talking about october-december. If it just comes out this year, I'm happy. But a release before Ubuntu 7.10 would be wonderful.

Comment

I got more that 10% increase of FPS on a certain /timedemo I'm running on a heavy mod on ioquake3. 53.1-53.3 for the last several releases, now 60.1. I re-installed the old driver to make sure it isn't another library changing but nothing changed, 53 on the last one, 60 on the new.

I didn't expect that.

Comment

Can anyone please confirm if it works on Fedora 7 x86_64?

Comment

Originally posted by fateswarm View Post
                  I got more that 10% increase of FPS on a certain /timedemo I'm running on a heavy mod on ioquake3. 53.1-53.3 for the last several releases, now 60.1. I re-installed the old driver to make sure it isn't another library changing but nothing changed, 53 on the last one, 60 on the new.

I didn't expect that.
                  I could only explain this with the new OpenGL application file, but Michael said it is just preparation work. But when the new OpenGL is in, I think you will not get 60 FPS but 100 FPS if you look at how bad fglrx works in comparison with the Windows driver.

Comment

X still segfaults on loading on Fedora 7 x86_64.
                    Endless shame on AMD.

Comment

I can't change the resolution..
                      in my Xorg.conf I added Modes "1440x900"
                      however this line seems don't work..
                      my screen resolution is always 1024x768..
                      Can any body help me ?

Comment

Working...
                      X