AMD 8.39.4 Driver Released -- 8.35 no longer does it better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Wrong. I bet the new OpenGL driver will do more than speed it all up, it could also fix problems people have. And it'll come before 2008.
    too good to be true, considering what's happening right now.

ati is good at one thing - making us wait, hoping that "maybe the next reelase will be better".

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      too good to be true, considering what's happening right now.

ati is good at one thing - making us wait, hoping that "maybe the next release will be better".
      Heh... I'd have to second this opinion. Not enough resources fielded yet to fix the problems they have- they're hiring some more, but it takes quite a bit of time to get up to speed, etc. Couple that with this lather, rinse, repeat process of driver releases and they've a right mess on their hands.

I'm waiting and seeing- just because AMD **MIGHT** pull something off. I'm just not going to be making any AMD GPU related decisions while I'm waiting. I'm moving on in that regard. I happen to have some fglrx driven hardware in my possession, but it's still in my possession to verify function on game titles I'm porting- I won't be using it with my development machines unless I need to for a problem, and I won't be using it in any of my main machines. IF they get a usable driver out or help the Open Source community produce drivers comparable to Intel's, I might revisit that decision.

Comment

I'll come back here in a month to laugh (or should I cry?) about the next goofy driver release...

Wake up ATI!

Comment

I bet you're a lier ;-D

Wrong. I bet the new OpenGL driver will do more than speed it all up, it could also fix problems people have. And it'll come before 2008.
          That should mean December 25 at 12pm :-)
          Talk is cheap, ATI now must show us the code (or at least the binary) hehe. I personally don't trust it anymore. I'll never buy and ATI card again, surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            The corrected driver should be out next week.
            Thanks for the information Michael. Appreciate the heads up.

Comment

wow, one whole week to fix such a stupid issue...i'm pretty much speechless.

Comment

I guess they just needed to change one option from "final_release" 0 to 1 or something similar So it took them 10 minutes but now they must test it for 2 weeks :P

Comment

I guess they just needed to change one option from "final_release" 0 to 1 or something similar So it took them 10 minutes but now they must test it for 2 weeks :P
                  if changing a variable takes 10 minutes, then i don't want to think how long does it take to compile that thing :]

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                    if changing a variable takes 10 minutes, then i don't want to think how long does it take to compile that thing :]
                    LOL...

I'm starting to think that fglrx is developed by one guy only... Even then, development is still too slow.

And apparently their test process is not "very" good... If it takes 2 weeks to test this good, then something is VERY wrong.

Waiting for the next release... What will come next?

Comment

Even then, development is still too slow.
                      It is not. They just don't show you what they are working on.

What will come next?

Comment

Working...
                      X