Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal III Pushed Back, Linux Fate Unknown

Phoronix: Postal III Pushed Back, Linux Fate Unknown

A month ago we heard the Source-based Postal III game was planned for a Linux release from Vince Desi, the CEO of Running With Scissors. At that point we heard they were planning for a May release of the game, but now it looks like it's been pushed back to being a "summer" release and the state of the Linux client for Postal III is a bit less hopeful...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

we want to do the same for PIII, but have no plans immediatley
    I said that months ago on the forums after they deleted all linux threads and any linux system requirements for Postal III.

Comment

Now that's a step backwards for Linux gaming...

Comment

It doesn't really surprise me.
        I've come to be more cynical because of things like these.
        My enthusiasm and credulity has been ground down.

Comment

It's dead, Jim.

Comment

Ahaha! So its outsourced to Russia? Please ask your Unigine colleagues, unless Russians are constantly kicked in back and supervised, the release will happen in 100 years.

Why? Because they tend either to lock-in the project completely - in infinite polish loop without sense of time; or they just waste the money (mostly management) and themself outsource to programmers from Uzbekistan(will program for food).

Lookup "Jagged Alliance 3, JAZZ" case.

Comment

ok is that something like an early april joke? maybe from RWS?

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                ok is that something like an early april joke? maybe from RWS?
                No, the joke would be:

"Yes, we are releasing a linux version and it will be so much better and released months before the windows version."

Anyway, it's just the typical case of a "We'll definitely release [software] for linux", "The linux version is a bit delayed", "There won't be a linux version" linear progression.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                  No, the joke would be:

"Yes, we are releasing a linux version and it will be so much better and released months before the windows version."

Anyway, it's just the typical case of a "We'll definitely release [software] for linux", "The linux version is a bit delayed", "There won't be a linux version" linear progression.
                  Do you really expect the guy that gave us the lines "Sign my petition or I'll follow you home and kill your dog!" and "That one's for your mom! One for the pope! That one's just cause I can!" to lie about what he intends to do?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                    Do you really expect the guy that gave us the lines "Sign my petition or I'll follow you home and kill your dog!" and "That one's for your mom! One for the pope! That one's just cause I can!" to lie about what he intends to do?
                    It doesn't have to be a lie for it to be a falsehood.

Comment

Working...
                    X