Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the simplest way to setup hardware accelerate with E350?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the simplest way to setup hardware accelerate with E350?

I'm new to E350 and ubuntu and found it's a bit of confusing to get this running. Currently I'm thinking of the combination of following:

Catalyst 11.3
    xvba-video_0.7.8-1_amd64.deb
    xbmc (latest)

Will this combination be sufficient for 1080P playback?

Either use this PPA for Ubuntu for XBMC: https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+archive/xbmc-pvr

Or build it from source. If you build from source, don't forget to install the latest libva1 & libva-dev libraries from SDS. XBMC-stable does not support VA-API yet.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Either use this PPA for Ubuntu for XBMC: https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+archive/xbmc-pvr

Or build it from source. If you build from source, don't forget to install the latest libva1 & libva-dev libraries from SDS. XBMC-stable does not support VA-API yet.
      Which installations is required apart from this?

fglrx i assume, is there a certain version that works/not works?
      how about xvba? Did not see that package in that repo, is it included in another package or should it be installed as well? From split-desktop?

Would be lovely with some more input to solve this issue.

Comment

Try the following steps:

Originally posted by Slaeggan View Post

how about xvba? Did not see that package in that repo, is it included in another package or should it be installed as well? From split-desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by Slaeggan View Post

I'm trying these combination:

Catalyst 11.5 + xbmc from previous post + xvba from SDS + Ubuntu natty

Will update if it's working later.

Comment

Originally posted by jaszhou View Post
            I'm trying these combination:

Catalyst 11.5 + xbmc from previous post + xvba from SDS + Ubuntu natty

Will update if it's working later.

Well there is a packaging conflict between libva from splitted-desktop (or the catalysthacks ppa) and xbmc (libva tries to overwrite a file installed by libva-glx on which xbmc depends). I couldn't resolve it yet, if you do please post back the resolution. A couple of posts on the issue from a few minutes ago:

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

Hi, I typed vainfo in the terminal and get the following error message What does this mean and is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ariel View Post
              Well there is a packaging conflict between libva from splitted-desktop (or the catalysthacks ppa) and xbmc (libva tries to overwrite a file installed by libva-glx on which xbmc depends). I couldn't resolve it yet, if you do please post back the resolution. A couple of posts on the issue from a few minutes ago:

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...8#post10910628

In the end, I rolled back the catalyst (11.3)/xbmc(10.1) and it's working now. Only problem is sometimes the playback is not smooth even with 720P. Not sure where to tune the performance.

Comment

Working...
              X