Phoronix Software Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Software Reviews

I'm a big fan of the Phoronix hardware reviews, but I find the software ones to be lacking, since they're only pictures. Why isn't there any explanation given with the software reviews? I'm sure i'm not the only person who feels this way. I'm really curious as to why you only provide pictures, with no explanations.

--Scott

The screenshot pages aren't intended to be software reviews, but rather to simply allow the readers to get a look at the latest distributions (or major software packages) to see any visual changes without having to install or download the release -- as well as to acquire anything else visually. Sorry for any confusion.

Occasionally we will do a software review on a new Linux retail game coming out, a new distribution, etc... However, at this point we do not have the available resources to do distribution reviews similar to our hardware articles, and our primary focus is indeed on GNU/Linux hardware. The screenshots are simply offered to provide a quick look at the latest software.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Okay, thanks for the clairification.

Comment

Working...
      X