Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce 400 "Fermi" Series On Nouveau

Quote Originally Posted by MPF View Post
    Too bad, CUDA has been Reverse Engineered long ago
    really? where can you get it? also how good is it? btw i'm legitimately interested, i'm not saying you're wrong. i feel like if theres an open source cuda then it'd be compatible with amd and intel GPUs.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    really? where can you get it? also how good is it? btw i'm legitimately interested, i'm not saying you're wrong. i feel like if theres an open source cuda then it'd be compatible with amd and intel GPUs.
    It has been *just* REed (hardware-side), you'll have to wait for an open source CUDA.

OpenCL is meant to be portable, why would we implement CUDA for AMD?

It has been *just* REed (hardware-side), you'll have to wait for an open source CUDA.

lets hope phoronix can tell us more about the open source cuda in the future. i'm a big fan of opencl, but the main reason cuda would be great for amd is because of the cuda programs that already exist. opencl seems a little less polished and has less programs. also, people could then do physx with amd. i know linux probably won't benefit much from that but windows could probably learn from the open source nvidia drivers.

make sure to wait until Nvidia release their ARM gfx driver's into the mobile market though, i suspect some of this RE will come in handy over there too if its code is not made to public and wide spread before then, so they have a reason and time to patch/block it before a first mass ARM Nvidia driver release then perhaps making everyone's RE effort even more useful.

BTW what was REed , did they do the closed microcode loading, that could be fun, loading a few of your own enhanced CPU like opcodes into the thing LOL

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    make sure to wait until Nvidia release their ARM gfx driver's into the mobile market though, i suspect some of this RE will come in handy over there too if its code is not made to public and wide spread before then, so they have a reason and time to patch/block it before a first mass ARM Nvidia driver release then perhaps making everyone's RE effort even more useful.

BTW what was REed , did they do the closed microcode loading, that could be fun, loading a few of your own enhanced CPU like opcodes into the thing LOL
    Nvidia doesn't care about us REing, really. We know how to compile a CUDA program and execute it on the hardware, that's all I can tell (I haven't worked on the GPGPU side yet).