Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon HD 2000 Series & Linux

Phoronix: AMD Radeon HD 2000 Series & Linux

Since January of this year we have been telling you that AMD has been silently working on R600 (Radeon HD 2000) support for their proprietary Linux "fglrx" driver. However, for the end-user the support isn't complete and still equates to being useless. But how does the recently announced Avivo R500 driver function with the newer R600 series? We have tried out an RV610 GPU in several configurations under Linux, and in this article we will tell you what works and what doesn't right now for the Radeon HD 2000 series.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ATI 2400 Pro - sound hdmi - Mandriva

Hi everybody!

I've seen on an article, that you have succeeded to use the integrated sound card in the Ati 2400 Pro, with the patch from Liu Wolke.

How have you done it please?

I try to have both, the video and the sound on the hdmi, but the sound card is detected as an unknown device, in mandriva 2008.

Comment

uhm no shit ?

hehe... no shit... HDMI audio works fine, i havnt done anything, HD movies went nice with my system, but not anything else, had an ubuntu gutsy issue with the HDMI, standard audio was on hdmi, and in several apps couldnt that be changed cause of some strange reason on the graphical way(GUI)

Well, over to the driver support, hmm, cant get the damn driver to work... had it working great in 7.04 =) but wlel.. in gutsy i get this error now after i did symlink with libgl 1.2 to 1.1

oops, running vesa now.

Got it running now, i do not how it got fixed, was to mad to controll myself

Well, it wasnt a easy job in gutsy 64bit, or gutsy by it self, audio and video was an issue, but audio have been fixed.. in a update ?
      Last edited by Ole-Martin Broz; 15 October 2007, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your response, i'm going to try gutsy this week end, and i'll comme back to say if it solve my probleme.

Comment

Working...
        X