Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ReactOS 0.3.13 Brings Lots Of Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    [...]Windows is so rotten, even if you rewrite small part,[...]
    They still use the same dev tools as they did with the first NT release. "WHAT?!" Yeah. Only thing they changed is the compiler for Windows which is not that Visual Studio thing. "WHAT?!".

Now figure why core people are resigning at Microsoft. Guess what they have been saying?

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    They still use the same dev tools as they did with the first NT release. "WHAT?!" Yeah. Only thing they changed is the compiler for Windows which is not that Visual Studio thing. "WHAT?!".

Now figure why core people are resigning at Microsoft. Guess what they have been saying?
    I guess, because of all this? :P

Do the developers of ReactOS actually believe they will succeed with this given that the operating system looks just like Windows?

We have to remember here, Microsoft loves to sue people. They sued the maker of Lindows back in 2002, they are now trying to pass some kind of law that will allow them to sue any American company if they purchase anything from a overseas company who is using a pirated copy of a Microsoft product.

I won't be surprised at all to see Microsoft come along when ReactOS hits it's first offical stable release and file a lawsuit. Won't surprise me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Want to compare this to an Alpha version of Windows Vista? (7 doesn't count)
    Why should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodolandy View Post
    We have to remember here, Microsoft loves to sue people. They sued the maker of Lindows back in 2002, they are now trying to pass some kind of law that will allow them to sue any American company if they purchase anything from a overseas company who is using a pirated copy of a Microsoft product.
    Great argument, except that Microsoft did not win the lawsuit against Lindows. In fact, the odds were stacked against them until Lindows settled out of court. And in any case, the lawsuit was over the name, not appearance, of Lindows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_vs._Lindows

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Why should I?
    Cause you are comparing stable Windows versions with early Alpha versions of ReactOS (so early that window's wouldn't release it if it where a windows version)

So be fair!

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Why should I?
    Cause you are comparing stable Windows versions with early Alpha versions of ReactOS (so early that microsoft wouldn't release it if it where a windows version)

So be fair!