Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Half-Life 2 On The Phoronix Test Suite

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hehe. OpenBenchmarking.org codenames are oil terminology and PTS codenames are currently Norwegian cities. So when a particular component is tied to the two, that leaves Norwegian oil fields from the always-beautiful Statoil And Ekofisk is one of the fields not far off from Stavanger.
    I am from Norway and I find this very amusing. Do you have any ties to Norway or to a Norwegian oil company?

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Session View Post
    I am from Norway and I find this very amusing. Do you have any ties to Norway or to a Norwegian oil company?
    I've been to Norway several times; it's my second or third favorite country after Deutschland. Amazing country, interesting culture, some good foods, I've dated Norwegians before, know some Norsk, and I also do invest heavily in Statoil and am very bullish on them.

    The only downsides I really have with the country is I still haven't found any good Norwegian beer I like and I am not too fond of the Norwegian female bunad (Bavarian dirndls are just so much better or heck even the russ outfit).

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I've been to Norway several times; it's my second or third favorite country after Deutschland. Amazing country, interesting culture, some good foods, I've dated Norwegians before, know some Norsk, and I also do invest heavily in Statoil and am very bullish on them.

    The only downsides I really have with the country is I still haven't found any good Norwegian beer I like and I am not too fond of the Norwegian female bunad (Bavarian dirndls are just so much better or heck even the russ outfit).
    I do agree with the bunad. Or at least with the fact that the Bavarian is so much better

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Hi Michael,

    do I have to own the full version of HL2?

    It would be more useful if PTS contained a demo version or any freely distributed version of HL2, so that driver developers can test the game without having to own it.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marek View Post
    Hi Michael,

    do I have to own the full version of HL2?

    It would be more useful if PTS contained a demo version or any freely distributed version of HL2, so that driver developers can test the game without having to own it.
    I forgot with Stefan Dösinger, who created the profile, said about it. Will need to check.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marek View Post
    Hi Michael,

    do I have to own the full version of HL2?

    It would be more useful if PTS contained a demo version or any freely distributed version of HL2, so that driver developers can test the game without having to own it.
    BTW, are you aware of Mesa Git master with your latest R300g changes that many apps are broken. glxgears is a black window, vdrift black window, lightsmark stuck at loading screen, etc. On an X1950PRO with Git of 2.6.39, libdrm, xf86-video-ati, Mesa. Pulling back to Mesa from two or three days ago is fine. Don't have the time to bisect it right now but I imagine due to your latest work from a couple hours ago.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroepoch View Post
    You Phoronix guys have some inside connections with Valve regarding Steam for Linux. Is this a hint that Steam for Linux is coming this June?
    Postal 3 is supposed to be released for Linux, seeing how it is based on the source engine and to be release through Steam. The train of thought is that Steam + source games will be coming to Linux by June 2011 which is the last known release date for Postal 3 that I know of. As for whether all this will really happen? I'll wait for the actual release to get excited/disappointed/pissed/whatever.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    BTW, are you aware of Mesa Git master with your latest R300g changes that many apps are broken. glxgears is a black window, vdrift black window, lightsmark stuck at loading screen, etc. On an X1950PRO with Git of 2.6.39, libdrm, xf86-video-ati, Mesa. Pulling back to Mesa from two or three days ago is fine. Don't have the time to bisect it right now but I imagine due to your latest work from a couple hours ago.
    Everything works here. Could you try 'make clean' before building? Commit 3bdd12ecb57e9cdc2b21cd665fab14698c1c07df requires it (it's a build-system bug).

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    106

    Question

    what about doom3 engine games testing ? i mean that the interresting thing is that you can compare wine progress by benching the linux release and windows release side by side .
    when hl2 linux is out then add the game to the benchmark .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •