Clear All

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    It looks and smells like crap.
    It IS crap, my friend

Comment

And useless crap as well...

Comment

Originally posted by MostAwesomeDude View Post
        Aw, airlied beat me to it. I, too, wanted to congratulate Mono on successful reinvention of modern Xv implementations.

This, of course, comes as Gallium developers are preparing to start merging XvMC code, and are hoping to sponsor GSoC work on VDPAU for Gallium. I'm so glad that the Mono guys are on the cutting edge here.
        Can you perform 3d transforms on an Xv surface? Can you run random shaders on it?

They had a reason to reinvent Xv.

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
          They are really taking good care of their white mono elephant.
          That's not a white elephant. That's a giant wooden horse.

Comment

As far as I can tell, Moonlight is pretty slim and lightweight. It's just a Firefox add-on that doesn't even need Mono installed. If I had to choose between Flash and Moonlight, I'd take Moonlight, no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              As far as I can tell, Moonlight is pretty slim and lightweight. It's just a Firefox add-on that doesn't even need Mono installed. If I had to choose between Flash and Moonlight, I'd take Moonlight, no questions asked.
              I guess in a sick way that makes sense. After all, adobe is evil and incompetent, while MS is mostly just evil.

Comment

Hmm

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                I think its kinda funny because some of the things MS produces would be quite good if the didnt have all the DRM Crap and complete control by MS who would use that to cripple open implememtations of it.

Comment

Working...
                X