Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will H.264 VA-API / VDPAU Finally Come To Gallium3D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
    What the hell is it with this sense of entitlement?

Where's your work in this field? Why have we got nothing?
    i made a mistake and thought that the g3dvl project was about h.264

Comment

Yes, bridgman, give us an update on the UVD review process.
      And btw, what about Christian K?nig's effort? Did anything of his work materialize yet?

Comment

Real men code proprietary for windumbs
        Real students code opensource for linux
        And real women, like Thatguy, troll on above.

Comment

You know what would be really helpful.
          If they started with doing this with MPEG-1 and 2.
          Work their way up to the present.

And why is everybody trying to make H.264 get a foothold on Linux?
          Please support FLOSS formats/libraries instead of the latest flashy thing like H.264.

Comment

Real men code proprietary for windumbs
            Real students code opensource for linux
            And real women, like Thatguy, troll on above.
            I have no issue dressing in drag for good video accel.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              i made a mistake and thought that the g3dvl project was about h.264
              My point was, what right do you have to complain about other people's projects (especially if you aren't contributing to any projects)?

Originally posted by Rabauke View Post
              Yes, bridgman, give us an update on the UVD review process.
              And btw, what about Christian K?nig's effort? Did anything of his work materialize yet?

Comment

Originally posted by popper View Post
                unfortunately End User's International Inc cant comment on you're speculation until the NDA (No longer Damned Arsed) end's, or a future public statement of that information is released by You in to the public domain as Linux manager in charge and instigator of that data.
                I have no idea what this means

Originally posted by popper View Post
                so have you actually even started that AMD UVD legal review yet after nearly 12 months of talking about starting it here with me ? i didn't check the dates yet but it (didn't even get passed to the legal team ?) it hadn't even got off the starting block something like 4 months ago now according to a post here.
                Yes, the *technical* review started a few months ago and I posted about that at least once here.

Not sure why you keep calling it a legal review, this (and most of the IP review work) is primarily technical analysis. I have mentioned that here perhaps a dozen times.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
                  My point was, what right do you have to complain about other people's projects (especially if you aren't contributing to any projects)?
                  i am not complaining about anything. if i need a feature i will use the "product" that has it. as simple as that.

it is just a fact that the open source drivers are not feature compete

also how sure you are that i am not involved one way or another in projects?? (not that it matters if i do or not)

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    I have no issue dressing in drag for good video accel.
                    That was a reminder of UVD being available for windumbs since start, and its equivalent for linux only being in plans written by 3rd party(student@now) now. Video accel itself is always good.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                      also how sure you are that i am not involved one way or another in projects?? (not that it matters if i do or not)
                      I'm not sure, but I certainly have noticed an inverse correlation between the number of complaints made and the amount contributed.

Comment

Working...
                      X