Im mad as HELL! at Microsoft, Crytek and EA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arabek View Post
    Remeber that there is no DirectX on PS3 - so the game/cryengine3 has to have also a native OpenGL renderer. /me wonders, why they didn't release it to the PC users
    Probably because the PS3 version does not use openGL but libGCM (like most graphically demanding PS3 games since it allows you to get ctm)

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Probably because the PS3 version does not use openGL but libGCM (like most graphically demanding PS3 games since it allows you to get ctm)
      PSGL ain't far off to OpenGL ES, and i do not believe any third party developer is using libGCM directly - waste of efforts/money. Tho it's my personal opinion. Anyone at Crytek care to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by arabek View Post
        PSGL ain't far off to OpenGL ES, and i do not believe any third party developer is using libGCM directly - waste of efforts/money. Tho it's my personal opinion. Anyone at Crytek care to comment?
        AFIK most games are use ctm and do not use PSGL. In fact there was some bruhahaa created by an AMD rep recently when he mentioned that some developers want to get rid of DX in windows so they are allowed to program ctm then API's currently allow and used consoles as an example as "what they would prefer" for a solution.

Comment

that s a long time i use x86 cpu , the linux os has a bug : not enough drivers for the hardware from little brand .
          the laws should oblige them to build drivers for all os then usual users will "Happily" use linux and softwares will follow .
          i am sure that the question of the hardware is the key that make linux still being an exotic os despite its big quality .

may be some "google business" could give the money to buy the hardware and the make drivers . that should be good for freedom [fries] ;']
          is not google one of the main pc builder on earth ?
          they could use their oldest to "search" the best driver 8']

Comment

Did anyone hear anything about how strong sales were so far for the different platforms? Did they whine yet claiming that evil PC players downloaded the leaked version rather than buying it?

Comment

More than anything else I mad that Crysis 2 is buggy as hell, even with latest patches both SP and MP game are crippled.

Comment

Originally posted by Terracide View Post
                I buy Linux games when and where I can, but lets face it, all of the good and cutting edge games are on Windows, and I have a dual boot with Windows for this purpose, Like many other Linux gamers I'm sure. I have noticed a disturbing trend developing that has me pretty worried for the future of PC gaming, and it is ALL about Microsoft! I've heard all of the stories, but it is obvious now more than ever that the PC as a gaming platform is dying, and developers can't work fast enough to kill it. Crysis2 shipped today for Windows, Xbox and PS3.. Having played Crysis for the past 3 years, and it being my favorite game, you can imagine my distress when I purchased the game and found out that the game was ONLY SUPPORTING Directx9.0c at launch! A DX11 patch is supposed to come later.. WTF!!?? So, the newest edition of the series that was the epitome of PC gaming just got neutered to make the xbox version of the game look almost as good! I really wish game developers would adopt an OPEN standard (OpenGl) but as long as developers only see the dollar signs attatched to console\Microsoft cash cow , the PCs days as a platform for gaming are almost over. If nobody cares about Windows gaming anymore, there will never ever be any room for Linux gaming... I see Microsofts vision, a PC for work and an Xbox for play in every home in the world, and all Microsoft software running everything-- oh what a world that would be.. Sorry for the rant, Im pretty upset..
                Software is a though business: is hard to write software. What you show is that they had a great QA on Dx9 and they did not want to have negative reviews as: video corruptions, crashes on game reviews. When they will have the DX11 support available and smooth, they will likely replace it.
                I've played Trine, part of Humble Bundle, is DX9 and great looking game. Why people need DX11? OpenGL is not that easy to work with too: is hard as driver support, tooling support (did you ever tried to debug a shader!?), and in general some companies (here Microsoft) offer better tooling.

Comment

What are you doing at these forums?

Your message has no relation to Linux, Open Source or Phoronix. Please, whine about Crysis 2 somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    What are you doing at these forums?

Your message has no relation to Linux, Open Source or Phoronix. Please, whine about Crysis 2 somewhere else.
                    This is posted in the "General Discussion" section and as such fits here just as much as any other post.

Comment

Working...
                    X